Is "spiceant" an active JW?

by rassillon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• rassillon
    rassillon

I have been reading his posts and although he claims to have just met the JWs a couple of months ago, he "sounds" like a JW. comments?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

May be an active JW, an irregular JW, an ex-JW, a study of some other JW, or the relative of a JW. Why, if I may ask, does it really matter? Just curious.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• daystar
    daystar

This poster seems JW-ish, but I can't tell with any certainty. He's possibly a new recruit.

• spiceant
    spiceant

i visit JW congegrations twice a week and figuring "the borg" out by myself by my experience with JW's. I feel atracted to the JW society because i (think i) feel heartfelt sympathy from its members, more then any amount from anywhere else.

i want to know:

1. Their stance on blood transfusion as it is now (untill death do them part from the org?)
    2. About their baptism (of the holy spirit and/or organization?)
    3. Isolating the people from bad teachers (read, disfellowshipping)
    4. Their opinion of failed prophecys (for example, 1975)
    5. more things i dont remember i right now

In whatever case, i am seriously thinking of turning them to the bible of they havent (as they appear to turn many catholics/christians to them) and i intend to turn them to the bible (if they havent).

I do believe in the end times, i do believe we'r going to see a big event happen that can be traced back to the grand history book (the bible), I do believe in armageddon, paradise, the genesis report, heartfelt love for every fellow living being, patience & understanding (open mind) and many other beautifull things.

I do believe in myself, i pray, i dont curse, i stopped masturbating, i stopped cursing, i stopped hating people, i did a lot of other things to but i am still not perfect.

hugs and kisses from yours truly, Sander Buruma

• spiceant
    spiceant

i am also finding the right baptism as Jesus (or John?) would have wanted it to be. Please dont label me an apostate-apostate that would be so mean .

If you will excuse me iv got a congegration to attend to.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No question about it in my mind - a Brooklyn mole-catcher

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

spiceant,

I would be delighted to discuss JW baptism with you. If you like you can consider this thread: JW Requirements for "Christian" Baptism

I don't mind if you and I think of that thread as our private discussion on the subject, okay? I would be delighted if you reasoned on that thread and provided any examples you can find for the pre-baptismal requirements of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Spiceant, once you're in you won't be able to question anything they tell you, not without consequences, so I'm glad you're here getting information first. Alot of their good points- no hate for people, no swearing, hope for a better future- you don't actually need them for. You don't need any religion to be a good person.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Hi, Spice Ant!

I, like you, had lots of questions about the blood policy. Never really received any good straight answers, though. Just a lot of Bible hopping and reading things out of context. Like Acts 15. It's talking about Jews and Gentiles in fellowship. It mentions specifically where salvation lies. Doesn't say a word about losing it or gaining depending on a belief about blood transfusions.

The WTS used to forbid organ transplants and vaccinations also. Now they are allowed. I asked my JW friend if she would let her child die rather than receive a blood transfusion. After going through a big rig-a-ma-roll about "how do you know it would save him?", etc... I gave this scenario: You son just sliced open an artery and has lost a massive amount of blood. There is no blood-less hospital nearby. The surgeon comes out and tells you, "we have the bleeding stopped, but without a transfusion to replace the blood that has been lost, he will NOT make it." What would you do? First of all, she said she would sacrifice her own resurrection and have the blood transfusion given. Then she back pedals and falls back on her non-JW husband--he would never let him die for lack of a blood transfusion, so that is a way out also. Hmmm....that doesn't sound like someone who is completely convinced that the blood policy is 100% correct.

Then I ask: "How about this one, your son needs a blood transfusion and he is 18 yrs old. He refuses. He dies. You are proud that he didn't go against Jehovah's wishes, however, you are going through enormous pain from the loss of your only child. 2 months later the WTS gets new light and blood transfusions are okay after all. How would you feel?" She asked me why I would ask that...."Because I just wondered how the people who let their kids die for a lack of vaccinations (in order to obey Jehovah), felt when the WTS decided vaccinations weren't bad after all? It was no longer considered disobedience to Jehovah. Do JWs get their kids vaccinated NOW? Yes! If the blood rule is changed, will they get blood transfusions? Did the Bible change back then? When people died from lack of vaccinations or organ transplants? Did Jehovah say an organ transplant was cannibalism, or DIDN'T HE? Or did some guy in the upper ranks of the WTS get it wrong and lots of people lost loved ones for nothing? That is all I am asking."

No response. Oh, well!!!

• rassillon
    rassillon

Although I am new here, I have lurked for some time. It just seems that he got the whole lingo down too good for the time he claims to have associated. I may be wrong but the whole feel I get is that of misrepresentation. It is just a feeling and I wanted to get everyone's opinion. maybe I am spooked cause of papajohn? Only time will tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit