Why are Jehovah's Witnesses so afraid?

They are afraid of...

Apostates

The internet

Demunz

Wind chimes

The cross

Elders

How can they be Jehovah's happy people when they are so afraid of little things?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Fear is a powerful emotion - it allows people to control you. AND IT IS ALL ABOUT CONTROL , never forget that

• garybuss
    garybuss

Happy happy . . . .

• Perry
    Perry

They are also afraid of :

1. Two door cars.

2. Beards

3. Their neighbors

4. Their non-watchtower realitives

5.Partaking of Christs' Flesh and Blood

6. Living by faith and not under pretty legalisms

7.Sports participation

8. Education

9. Thinking

10. Emotions especially love

11. the devil

12. God

13. Holidays

14. Informed Christians

15. The Government

16. Dying at Aramgeddon

17.Bigfoot

18. each other

19. the elders

20. Mostly they are afraid of themselves.

How can they be Jehovah's happy people when they are so afraid
    Because they are told that they are. And, they believe as they are told regardless of silly things like reality.
  • juni
    juni
    Fear is a powerful emotion - it allows people to control you. AND IT IS ALL ABOUT CONTROL , never forget that

You nailed it Stilla.

Juni

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Control is the goal. Fear is the tool to get er done.

According to psychologists the fear of loss is a more powerful motivator than the desire for gain.

Do you think more JWs are motivated by a desire to be in the new earth, OR by a fear of missing out and just being dead forever? (And in the meantime losing their family and friends.)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

They're afraid of windchimes?!?!?

No s***? Haha, that's just funny. Honestly I didn't know that.

I know the background of windchimes and as a dub I had 'em and I don't think I ever thought twice about that.

Anyhow, they're afraid because, unfortunately, fear is a huge driving factor in the human psyche.

Think about how many things keep us "in check" even as non dubs, Fear is a huge controlling factor and be it consciously or subconsciously, the leaders (gb) know it.

Fear works.

BSoM

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Brothers! Sisters! remember.. " he that is faithful in small things..." eh i forget the rest

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

The truth is that most JW’s are not happy. They are TOLD that they are happy, and they tell themselves that they are happy, but once you get to know them personally and they start to have confidence in you and they can trust you and you won’t tell on the elders, they’ll open up and the real truth comes out, I’ve being so surprised that so many that look so happy and stable are actually unhappy and many are on anti-depressives and have emotional problems up to their ears!.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

P.S. They are not allowed to talk negative about anything, no matter how true it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit