• skeptic2
    skeptic2

I'm not sure what this document shows?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Me too. What's your point steve?

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Now I see, they haven't handed in accounts for 01/02.

As far as I can figure this has nothing to do with paying tax, which is paid to Revenue and Customs. They have merely failed to submit their accounts to the Charity Commission.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The page is from the UK Charity register. It is part of a list of known charity defaulters. It shows that this congo is and has been overdue on informing the Commission on there financial income and expenditure. Charities with either gross income or total expenditure over £10,000 are required by law to complete the Annual Return form and return it to the Commission within 10 months of their financial year end.

It ain't much, but its something when talking about giving caesar his things.

steve

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Since 2003, we have mailed Annual Returns and Trustee Update Forms to all charities for completion. Charities with either gross income or total expenditure over £10,000 are required by law to complete the Annual Return form and return it to the Commission within 10 months of their financial year end. Charities with gross income or total expenditure over £10,000 must normally also submit a copy of their accounts within 10 months of their financial year end. We ask for this information to be submitted together with the Trustee Update Form.

Boy, are they in biiiiiiig trouble!!

At best they could get slapped with a fine. At worst (?!) they could have their charitable status removed. Possibly the trustee could go to prison for failing to submit the accounts.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

From the wording of that paragraph, those rules may only apply from 2003 onwards (e.g. an update in the law). There may be other, or even no, penalties that apply before that time. Or do we know otherwise?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I meant this to be more of a coversational piece, with any 'we art so high and mighty' JDub types that you may encounter.

Also, here is the income and expenditure for the London office.

http://www.comisiwnelusennau.gov.uk/registeredcharities/showcharity.asp?remchar=&chyno=1077961

• nelly136
    nelly136

i think thats only one of their accounts at that address, they have different 'charities' listed for dif depts if meory serves me correctly, they used to have an I.B.S.A one too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit