BOWLING

by Lampshade Larry 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Lampshade Larry
    Lampshade Larry

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY JWS OR EXJEWS GHO BOWLING NOW? WE BOWLED ALL THE TIME BEFORE.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I still go bowling, and I enjoy it. I don't remember going with my cong who usually did it on Halloween night.

I can't stand playing Pictionary though. Every fvvving get-together, someone brought Pictionary. The first couple of times were fun, but then it got really, really old.

Rollerskating is another one that I still enjoy, even though I went out with JWs lots of times.

• Scully
    Scully

Bye bye, Barney.

• lilybird
    lilybird

We used to go bowling and also rollerskating every Sunday nite as Dubs. It seems to be the two activities the society thinks are harmless to JWs. NOt sure why.. I love the rollerskating even though I wasn't very good !!!

The last time we went bowling was about 8 years ago for my husband's work's Christmas party..A few of my kids birthday parties were bowling parties.. They were popular when kids were ages 8- 10.. at least around in our area.

• Nowman
    Nowman

We always bowled once a month, and when I was younger, we went roller skating every Sunday night at the largest Roller rink in Illinois at the time, I think it was called Fireside. How funny that all over the world, other KHs were doing the same thing. Weird. In fact, my mom met my stepdad in 1983 at this same roller rink, again wierd.

As for bowling, did not bowl for many years until recently...I got on a fall league with some friends, I absolutely love it. We have blast. Came in 2nd place. Now we are on a summer league, called nine-pin-no-tap, if you get nine pins or a regular strike, its a strike! So much fun! I see and hear more people bowling now a days, at least around me...Its a fun sport, I think I just love all bar sports though, was on a pool league too, loved it, learned how to play real well.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

bowling before (JW style)...

bowling after (Humboldt style)...

alt

• ronin1
    ronin1

My husband and I bowl in a winter league and in weekend tournaments here in Hollywood, FL.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit