Just another day in the life of a JW

by NYCkid 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

I spoke to my mother who lives in another state briefly last night and some things she expressed to me have me once again shocked and dismayed. I feel like I have to vent. (I’m now allowed to contact them since my father is in serious ill health). My parents are good people (life long JWs) but in my opinion, the many of JW policies that adherents must follow are divisive and destructive to families and violate basic human rights in the very worst and are rude in the very least. Ultra right wing conservatives say that gays pose the biggest threat to family values, but in my opinion the greatest threat are Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

I spoke to my mother who lives in another state briefly last night and some things she expressed to me have me once again shocked and dismayed. I feel like I have to vent. (I’m now allowed to contact them since my father is in serious ill health). My parents are good people (life long JWs) but in my opinion, the many of JW policies that adherents must follow are divisive and destructive to families and violate basic human rights in the very worst and are rude in the very least. Ultra right wing conservatives say that gays pose the biggest threat to family values, but in my opinion the greatest threat are Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Is there a word limit, this site is not letting me post the rest of my story?

• serendipity
    serendipity

No word limit. Have you tried to copy & paste from notepad?

• Poztate
    Poztate

There seems to be a problem using word.Try copying and paste using word pad...I don't know some one else might have better advise.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Thanks guys, I did cut & paste from word, I'm trying notepad now. PS I didn't have the heart to duke it out with mom since she sounds and is exhausted from taking care of dad as she needs to wake up twice in the night to give him medicine.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Ok, so now I have to vent about this cut & past issue...grrrrrr LOL I'll re-type the entire story directly when I get a chance...sorry

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

lol!! dont give up!! we wanna read it

• Poztate
    Poztate

Try Word Pad....Save as unformatted...Copy and paste into your post here.There may be an easier way but that is what I use.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

For some reason, if you paste form MS Word it only includes a couple of paragraphs. As the others said - paste from MS Word to MS Works, Notepad or Word Pad. Then copy from there and paste into JWD.

Looking forward to your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit