New french member / new website

by jw-verite 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Mange tout & welcome, JW Veritie!

(Sorry - UK members will know!)

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Bienvenue vérité...je suis aussi francophone. Sorry for your lost family and friends, but it's good to hear your wife is still with you. My wife is still in and and after a rough patch we are back to normal because the love between us is real. Looking forward hearing more about you.
  • Garrett
    Garrett

Salut mon Ami et bienvenu :)

• jw-verite
    jw-verite

Hello !

Thank you every one for your support.

So to be more accurate with my situation. My parents came into the "truth" in the early 90's. I was baptized in 2000, married in 2007 with a lovely JW (still lovely anyway :-).

I always had some doubts about the JW teachings but never had enough time (or courage) to look further, until the beginning of 2014, when my wife got pregnant. Then I had to search and find the answers to my questions and doubts because I didn't want to teach my daughter something i wasn't sure about.

The first thing was the 587/607 case (I found the 587 date in a scientific magazine and started my research from this point).

I found the excellent jeffro777 website and others that enlightened me. I wrote a letter to the French Bethel about this (the letter is online on my website, with the answer I got). The answer did not convince me at all.

The elders came to see me two times but they were more concerned about my allegiance to the org than about my questions.

Other subjects came into my research, especially concerning the New World Translation, the hidden divinity of Jesus and so on, the "two classes of christians" doctrine...

I discovered the past scandals which i didn't know (UN/OSCE, Child Abuse...) thanks to jwfacts and others.

The awakening was very disturbing to me but at last I didn't have any doubts !

On november 2014 I officialy deassociated by sending a letter to my cong. I feel so free now !

My family did not understand and is actively shunning me. But nevermind, my wife (even if she's still in) and our daughter are living a very happy life and we are now waiting for our second daughter to be born in a few months.

My wife is not (and has never been) a very active JW, and I know that some information i shared with her made her think and she's now more suspicious about the org. I hope she will soon wake up !

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Hi jw-verite

Welcome to the forum. I wish I could speak French half as well as you speak and write English. Actually I wish I could speak any French.

I was like you and found the awakening disturbing too, but now I am glad I have found out that my suspicions were not just paranoia. Like your wife, my husband was not very active and now we are both out and both researching like we have never researched before. The org many years ago published a book called Make Sure Of All Things, so that is what we are doing now, but not using the book, just its title.

Keep us posted about the birth of your new baby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit