"What congregation do you attend?"

by Odrade 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO! "Oh I attend wiccan drumbeat circle..." ROTFL! Nah, I don't think that would work so well.

• I quit!
    I quit!

She may call you. Just because she was putting on a good dub front doesn't mean she's not having doubts herself. If she does she may open up to you. Probably not but you never know.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You managed to escape their social control mechanisms, the idea of a good fade is to build up new friendships to replace those that will be dissolved after leaving the dubs.

Let them eat cake, if they can't argue to justify their positions that are being disputed then they deserve to be disappointed and embittered by members leaving.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Nearly a month, she never called or emailed...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I have thought about what I would say if asked:

What congregation do you attend?

I figured I would say: Why do you ask?

Blondie (no one has asked so far)

PS the other question I hate is "How is your (put in name of JW family member)?"

My response is: Why don't you call them and find out....I know they would be thrilled to hear from you.

Blondie I knew there was a reason I liked you.

For the record, I attended the White Rock congregation in Dallas, Texas from 1975 to 1983; then Arlington East 1983-1986; then White Rock again 1986-1989 when I quit altogether. What happened to my publisher cards after that, well I really don't care.

Christopher Scott

• gumby
    gumby

Maybe you shoulda said, "I attend a congregation that protect pedophiles and i'm thinking of finding one that doesn't, but I hear they all do.....have you heard this too"?

wait for reply...............

Then remind them of the two witness rule.

Nah, I like how Odrande did it the best I'd just hate to get in a pissin match with her.

gumdronde

• lawrence
    lawrence

I'm attending meetings at Tony's Grille. Specials from noon until 3 a.m.

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO @ Gumbrawl's answer... I'm gonna have to hunt down some Dubs so I can use it on 'em. *devilish grin*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit