Greek Scriptures Apply Only to Annointed?

by Perry 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

I was expressing some excitement about some feature of the promises in the NT with an elder shortly before my baptism when he interrupted me and said, "Now, you do know that the Greek Scriptures apply to 144,000 first and then only to us by extension".

Does anyone know where this doctrine is stated in WT literature? Any help appreciated.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

It is needed to keep the class distinktion between the 144K and the rest of us.

You see, you have the pesky scriptures that refer to christians being adopted by god, going to heaven and the like. So the only way around them is to say: "oh that doesnt apply to you." Now where and when this teaching first appeared I dont know. Sometime after 1935 I'd reckon. Blondie?

• blondie
    blondie

*** United in Worship book chap. 14 p. 111 par. 4 ‘I Make a Covenant With You for a Kingdom’ ***

Special attention was being given to making up the government that would rule mankind for 1,000 years, and nearly all the inspired letters in the Christian Greek Scriptures are primarily directed to this group of Kingdom heirs—"the holy ones," "partakers of the heavenly calling."

• blondie
    blondie

*** w74 6/15 p. 376 par. 8 Serve with Eternity in View ***

Also, it is to the spirit-anointed Christians who will rule in that kingdom that most of the Christian Greek Scriptures is directed, including the promises of everlasting life.

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks Blondie! You're the best!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I missed this teaching in the "United in Worship" book and it wasn't until I hung out on apostate boards that I learned about it. Amazing - had I known that, I wouldn't have tried so hard to live by Bible principals and wouldn't have felt so guilty when I didn't.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is precious little proof that there are two classes of Christians, for all we know there is only one church and one body of believers heading in the same direction.

There is nothing in the Bible about an eternal existence confined to this earth. The whole idea is that the believers will enter the much more dynamic and glorious heavenly body and dimension.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Does someone know, how to distinguish the "most part" for the annointed from the "little part" for the others?

• Roddy
    Roddy

>

There is precious little proof that there are two classes of Christians, for all we know there is only one church and one body of believers heading in the same direction.

There is nothing in the Bible about an eternal existence confined to this earth. The whole idea is that the believers will enter the much more dynamic and glorious heavenly body and dimension.

>

Well, I'm more confused than ever. I've been trying to reconcile the NT and its heavenly hope and Genesis with its original hope for mankind on Earth. Either Man was made for Earth or for Heaven? What's the answer?

Sometimes I wonder if the apostacy foretold by Paul had an effect on the Bible itself. After all, the whole Bible wasn't compiled and canonized until by the Roman Catholic church in the 4th century, I believe. What if apostate letters which only spoke of the heavenly hope were the only material approved for the NT?

I don't know. I'm still looking for answers. It sure would have helped if Jesus Christ wrote more than he sermoned - if you catch my drift.

• blondie
    blondie

mineralogist, what parts does the WTS use to establish the 2nd class of Christians

Other sheep--John 10:16

Great crowd--Revelation 7:9

w54 9/1 p. 528 par. 3 Recognizing the Theocratic Organization for Life ***
    The same is true of the Christian Greek Scriptures from Matthew to Revelation. Except for the gospel account by Luke, the Acts of the Apostles, the letters to Timothy, Titus and Philemon and the second and third letters of the apostle John, all the books of the Christian Greek Scriptures were written directly to the Christian congregation and primarily for the Christian congregation. But even those eight exceptions were written to persons of the Christian theocratic organization and were written to them expressly in behalf of that organization. Hence today all the twenty-seven books of the Christian Greek Scriptures belong to the Christian flock of God and not to any individual;

The WTS comment on the exceptions merely mean that an individual anointed Christian is addressed rather than the whole anointed congregation....but that still means anointed not earthly.

( Acts 1:1) 1

The first account, O The·oph´i·lus, I composed about all the things Jesus started both to do and to teach,

(Luke 1:2-3) . . ., 3

I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them in logical order to you, most excellent The·oph´i·lus,

(1 Timothy 1:1-2) 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus under command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus, our hope, 2 to Timothy, a genuine child in the faith:. . .

(2 Timothy 1:1-2) 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through God’s will according to the promise of the life that is in union with Christ Jesus, 2 to Timothy, a beloved child:. . .

(Titus 1:4) 4 to Titus, a genuine child according to a faith shared in common:. . .

(Philemon 1-2) 1 Paul, a prisoner for the sake of Christ Jesus, and Timothy, [our] brother, to Phi·le´mon, our beloved one and fellow worker, 2 and to Ap´phi·a, our sister, and to Ar·chip´pus, our fellow soldier, and to the congregation that is in your house:

(2 John 1) 1 The older man to the chosen lady and to her children, whom I truly love, and not I alone, but all those also who have come to know the truth. . .

(3 John 1) 1 The older man to Ga´ius, the beloved, whom I truly love.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit