Overload me with Absurdities

by sammielee24 13 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

This happened at my hall when I was maybe 12 or 13. A disfellowshipped woman came to the Sunday meeting. After the meeting she promptly left the hall. A few minutes later someone came into the hall and said her car wouldn't start. What to do, what to do? A couple of elders looked outside and started debating whether or not it would be ok to go help her out. Would it be possible to jump start the car without talking to her? Would helping her make others think that there were exeptions to the no acknowledgement rule? Finally they concluded that the Good Samaritan principle would be applied so the only decision that had to be made was who was best qualified to go assist her. While the elders were discussing this a young brother in the congregation, who was viewed as a potential troublemaker because he had longer hair and liked sports cars, pulled his car (it was a Camero that was hotter than hot) along the disabled car and retrieved jumper cables and a tool box from his trunk. He fiddled under the hood of the dead car, most likely tightening a loose fan belt, hooked up the cables and got the disfellowshipped woman's car started. The woman not only thanked him but gave him a hug (gasp) for his trouble. The elders rewarded the young brother by giving him a good talking to later. The congregation rewarded both of them by starting rumors about the two of them "seeing" each other. The incident did cause a bit of a stir. At the time, keep in mind that I was pretty young and impressionable, I thought it was dangerous for the young brother to get that close to a disfellowshipped person. Looking back the whole thing was just insane.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

ha ha
    WT= channel of communication of God to men...
    ha hahahahahahahahahaha
    I bet Johnny Depp...

...smellsgood

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

I had to give up my smurf collection

(I hid Smurfette under my mattress though)

Kaylen

www.thomschat.com

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Mine...congregation youth party. Great music, "hot" sisters (haha) tons of beer and rye, and we "had to dance 2 watchtower volumes apart".

Explains the alcoholism within the ranks of both current and ex jdubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit