no longer disfellowshipped for having a blood transfusion

by still wondering 17 Replies latest watchtower medical

• LDH
    LDH

Nark is right, this was fallout from the Bulgaria mess.

• Schizm
    Schizm

"... the individual is no longer viewed as one of Jehovah's Witnesses because he no longer accepts and follows a core tenet of the faith."
    So says the official statement above, issued by the Watchtower's "Public Affairs Office" six years ago. Although the "core tenet" referred to was in regards to the Blood doctrine, it stands to reason that if any person no longer accepts the 1914 doctrine (also a "core tenet") that they likewise would no longer be viewed as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. What an interesting development this is! Particularly since both doctrines are scripturally false. So how about that, I've in effect been given the boot! Looks like it, doesn't it. Actually, since decades have passed without me attending any meetings at all, I don't know why anyone would think of me as still being a JW anyway, which is okay for THAT reason, although I've never renounced being one. However, to be indirectly told that I'm no longer part of the pack because I quit accepting all that is taught--when I know for a fact that I have a superior understanding--now that's more than a bit absurd! Let's face it, the Watchtower has got some housecleaning to do in the doctrinal department. -- Schizm .

• JH
    JH
    be understood that one who accepts blood will have unilaterally disassociated themselves

How about someone who gives blood for their own benefit.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Schizm: Let's face it, the Watchtower has got some housecleaning to do in the doctrinal department.

I believe this is the very first time you have written a sentence with which I agree completely, without any reservations. Unfortunately, it is housecleaning that they will never do.

Consider this: If the organization is waiting on Jehovah to correct their understanding and Jehovah isn't talking to them or using them, will their understanding ever change? If correction might be needed, doesn't that imply that the errors are probably present currently whether or not the doctrines are "core tenets?"

AuldSoul

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm: Let's face it, the Watchtower has got some housecleaning to do in the doctrinal department.

I believe this is the very first time you have written a sentence with which I agree completely, without any reservations.

That's because of your extremely thick skull!

Unfortunately, it is housecleaning that they will never do. Consider this: If the organization is waiting on Jehovah to correct their understanding and Jehovah isn't talking to them or using them, will their understanding ever change?

I believe you're absolutely wrong, and the passing of time will prove me right.

Here's something for you to consider, which you will no doubt disagree with, but that shows that the WTS will refine its thinking on these issues:

And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of [the] end; because it is yet for the time appointed. -- Daniel 11:35

Now go ahead and tell me how much you disagree with my impression of what that scripture means.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hee-hee! Maybe we should take this to another thread.

• Scully
    Scully
    Hee-hee! Maybe we should take this to another thread.

Auld Soul, I was just about to suggest that you and Schizm might want to get a room...

• simplesally
    simplesally

You still get shunned, what's the real difference?? Except people think you are more evil if you disassociate yourself ... if you are df'd, they assume you are just so patheticly weak!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit