Taped Call w/ JR Brown on Cano

by Synergy 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Synergy
    Synergy

On the Silent Lambs site there is a taped call with a media person and JR. Brown. He stated that JW's don't proclaim or feel that they have special chosen ones to lead nor do they feel as though they are the sole organization to get to God. What crap! Total lies what they tell outsiders to save their butts and what they tell the r&f. All the reporter needs to do to get her questions answered is read what the WT has published, not get fed the PR guy's lies and skirted truths. Theocratic Warefare at it's finest.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

*cock crows*

Does go against their teachings that they should be true to who they are in the face of adversity.

• fjtoth
  • sammielee24
    sammielee24

My thought on this is that any current Witness who is lurking here or even an active Witness who is involved but not out, needs to write the Governing Body and ask them when the change took place. Reference JR Browns quotes directly and tell them his words have stumbled you ..you need answers. Theocratic warfare is lying plain and simple. Call a spade a spade cos that's what it is. The Elder in alamb's court case lied opening in a court of law - this also flies in the face of what Brown stated, that they work with governments and so on. A lie is a lie is a lie...and doesn't Jehovah know that? sammieswife

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I recall reading very clearly in the WT literature that nonJWs are NOT ENTITLED to the TRUTH and to not tell them is not against Jehovahs laws when you are protecting His interests. Im sure Blondie knows where that quote is. After that...its fair game to say anything you WANT TO to the courts who are the enemy.

Ive been in court with EXJWs in child custody battles where the Rep from the Society DENIES that there is a brochure that tells the JW how to testify in court in a Court Case for Custody. FLat out said it DIDNT EXIST. Even when presented with one he denied it was WT literature. They count on the court not knowing anything about JWs and in the long run not caring either.

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

When I went to court for child custody the society sent a packet full of info and it included a blue booklet on how to testify in court, what to say and what not to say. I do believe I still have it among all the boxes of papers used in court. This was in 1995.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Since now Jehovah isn't actually writing the Watchtower magazine after all . . . and since Jehovah's Witnesses don't have any special channel to God as they claimed, what teachings are still based on the erroneous assumptions?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Does this mean that I'm not going to get toasted for my rejection of Watchtower teachings when Armageddon arrives on the world scene in 1874 1914 1925 1975?

• LDH
    LDH
    All the reporter needs to do to get her questions answered is read what the WT has published, not get fed the PR guy's lies and skirted truths.

Hi Synergy! I'm the 'mystery reporter'--believe me I know the word games he was playing.

I'm just happy to hear it's getting around on other sites!!!

One of the more shocking moments was when he said christians have to EARN god's blessing. JWs truly are saved by works, not by grace.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    One of the more shocking moments was when he said christians have to EARN god's blessing. JWs truly are saved by works, not by grace.

I noticed that too, Lisa. As long as he was using so much "theocratic war strategy," I tho't it was strange that he didn't try to hide what seems to many to be one of the WT's most odious doctrines. Of course, we are to obey Christ and keep his commandments to love God and others. But, as we all know, the JW concept of works embraces regular meeting attendance, regular field service, regular study of WT literature, etc. Those are the "works" Brown obviously had in mind. If a JW isn't doing his best to be regularly engaged in these works for the organization, he's doomed as much as if he were an apostate. Poor soul!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit