WHAT MAKES YOU GLAD TO BE ALIVE.............?

by vitty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

I live quite a mundane and often boring life..................due to circumstances beyond my control,

but a few times a week I think "Im so glad im alive "..............its usually when I take the dog out for a walk and see the lovely enviroment that im blessed to live in.

But today we fixed some lights up round the garden and now its gone dark finally ( 12pm). They look so beautiful, I was stunned, a photo couldnt capture it. It is something so simple, but just looking at the affect, it made me happy.

So tell me "WHAT MAKES YOU GLAD TO BE ALIVE"

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Never a dull moment at my house. To answer your question; my wife and three children make me glad to be alive.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Dark at 12 PM? Where are you? Did I read that wrong?

And I'm still trying to figure out why I am glad to get up in the morning....

Snoozy...

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi vitty,

My life isn't too exciting so I have to find pleasure in the simple things:
    The first cold front signaling the end of summer

a beautiful sunset

watching animals cavorting - mainly birds and squirrels around here

when my daughter sits right by me when watching TV though the whole couch is free. Sometimes she lays her head on my shoulder - even though she's 17.

watching and listening to the gleeful play of children.

Standing on the beach looking out over the horizon, feeling very small but yet connected to creation and the Creator.

Eating a really good meal or having a decadent dessert.

and of course, some good luvin....

• Robdar
    Robdar

Walking my cats, good girl friends dropping in for a pajama party, flirting with the handsome guys on JWD.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The possiblity of a new experience every day. Even if the new experience is not pleasant. Life is about experiencing as much as possible before I die. I would not be glad to be alive if the day ever came where I could say: "been there done that" to everything.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Watching and having a part in my grown daughters' life.

Watching her achieve milestones after being a victim as a JW.

Watching her life unfold into something good and meaningful after suffering so many heartaches at the hand of fellow JW's......you know........the "only ones" who have love among themselves. Bull shite!

That JW shite is all in the past and life goes on........still some heartaches and fall backs in the real world, but without the barrage of insane inuendos and "you have to do it this way or shame will come on J's organization" bull.

Life is beautiful for her and that makes me happy. And most of all......she still loves me even though I was an a..hole elder Dad during her adolescent years and somewhat cracked the whip. Thank God my late wife......even though she was born into the JW's had the sense to secretly override me. And I didn't know about it until conversations with my daughter.....after my wifes death.

There are other things that make me glad to be alive such as JWD people but what I just wrote about is number One.

All is good!

HappyDad

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

the thought of breakfast

smellsgood

seriously

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

thinking about my family

sunsets

sleepins

the smell of bread baking

picking vegies that I have grown

Kaylen

www.thomschat.com

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

That's simple..now. My sweet wife, my amazing kids and the fact that I never have to study a Watchwanker again.

Oh ya, and my motorcycles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit