Just thought this would be of interest to share.

by meatloaf 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• meatloaf
    meatloaf
    Why Have Such a Large Family?

When we are out together we get questions like… “Is this a school group?”, “Are they all yours?”, “Are you Catholic or Mormon?”, “Don’t you know what causes this?” These questions give us many opportunities to share with others the hope that is in us, that children are a gift from God. We did not always view children as a gift. Michelle & I did not have any children for the first 4 years of marriage.

We chose to use the birth control pill. After our first child was born, Michelle started back on the pill, shortly after, she miscarried. We found that sometimes the birth control pill will allow you to conceive, but then cause a miscarriage.

We then realized we had the same heart attitude about children as those willfully choosing abortion (wanting to make our own plans, live our own lives, children could be a bother or interruption).

We searched the scriptures & found that God says, “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: & the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them” (Psalms 127:3-5).

We asked God to forgive us for not wanting to receive His gifts, & we gave Him control of this area of our lives. We’ve been married 20 years & have been blessed with 15 precious gifts, 10 boys & 5 girls, which include two sets of twins. We had no idea life could be so abundant and full.

We would love to receive more children! Exhortation to other families…We face challenges everyday, but as we humble ourselves God gives grace & His mercies are new each morning. God’s Word is an owner’s manual for our lives. In it are the answers to all of life’s questions. James 1:5 states, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally & upbraideth not; & it shall be given him.” Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life & that they might have it more abundantly” John 10:10.

God Bless you as you seek to follow Him with your whole heart & train your children in the way they should go!

Dugall family

• restrangled
    restrangled

FIFTEEN? I would like to hear your wife's viewpoint about this. I personally cannot imagine delivering that many babies without being absolutely worn into the ground. I'm glad you are so happy and hope all continues to go well. I also hope you are able to support, educate, and insure that many children.

r.

• mouthy
    mouthy

What a womderful testimony!!!! Thanks for sharing...But 15 WHEW!!!!! I had 4 I thought that was a handful. I loved them all but money was scarce I hope you have a good job with those mouths to feed.
    I was so impressed (((HUG)))

• tfsm
    tfsm

How are you able to take care (financial, emotional, etc.) of all of these children?

• orbison11
    orbison11

i will bet that most, if not all, of these 15 children will have 0-1 children themselves,,

orb

• tfsm
    tfsm

absolutely.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Oh yeah.....15.............oh thank you Lord for providing this blessing that the government can pay for thru Welfare payments!!!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

This family has done a few specials for TLC. They are not on welfare. The dad owns a car dealership and I think is involved in real estate. They said they have no debt and buy nothing on credit. It was very interesting watching the family on TV. Everything was so organized. The kids are home schooled. They have no TV or internet. The kids did seem really happy though.

• orbison11
    orbison11

my mother came from a family of 26 kids, the first mother had about 12 then died, then the next mom had another dozen or so

from saskatchewan, canada,,,,,,of those kids,,,they went from a drug addict that od'd, to a few self made millionaires in texas

they were born around the 30-40's

orb

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Sorry unbeliever did I sound a bit cynical?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit