OMG! Just had Mormons for 2 hours! What a great laugh!

by Mr Ben 12 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Qcmbr: Corrections in the Book Of Mormon - Joseph Smith dictated the book without punctuation as there was none on the records. The scribes inserted punctuation and made spelling mistakes. Joseph then had to go back over the written documents and correct what he could remember where he saw an incorrect transcription.
    smellsgood: You are a mormon?
    The changes were not ONLY simply spelling errors,,,there were deliberate alterations to the text.
    Qcmbr: Of course the bible's billions of changes (made by scholars at best but often by politically motivated individuals) barely raise a comment
    smellsgood: billions of changes? There is more manuscripts of the NT than any other ancient document. If nothing in the bible is true, than at least historically one can feel pretty secure that be it false/half truth/rubbish, that it is very very accurately copied rubbish, and has passed through the centuries remarkably solid.
    true it is a different argument though.
    How in the world did you get caught up in mormonism after escaping the WT????
    They are so similar in so many ways, both started 19th century in America by men who were just so perplexed by all the different denominations...seeking the "true" one, God chose them to "restore first century Christianity" they both refer to themselves as "the truth" etc...
    Did you research Mormonism, given when you were a JW you probably didn't have a chance to look at their history outside their sanitized version once a member?
    Please I would be interested to know how you were converted? Did you become a Mormon right after the JWs, leave the JWs for mormonism?
    smellsgood

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Duh! Sorry about the missing words and lack of grammar etc. in the first post. I was in rush.

Carla – Your post was number 1914 (Are you scared?!!!)

Finally-Free – Hahaha! What insight you have! I’ll remember that one! Cheers! Yes, I needed a beer, and had one too many!

Greendawn – That’s why we wore suits – to give the impression of normality. It’s a trick and a scam. Though these were two girls (not in suits), which I thought was unusual for Mormons. I’ve only ever seen men preaching Mormonism before.

Katiekitten – Yep! But we told ‘em all sorts of other crap! I didn’t join until the 90’s, so it’s unlikely that we met though not impossible as I went to lots of parties. I actually had a great social life in the Borg.

Qcmbr – That they didn’t know the correct crap doesn’t mean it’s not crap. Who created malaria and why remains a valid question to ask, whether or not their answer was the correct crap or another kind of crap.

And to all others cheers! (Poo about England though!)

Mr Ben

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Mormon – Well, actually… [hesitates, a REALLY good sign that she is mortified about the next “truth”, and sure enough…] …actually God brought all the fossils from other planets.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit