Looking for some insight! Did you believe ignorance = resurrection?

by free2beme 11 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have been out of the religion for a long time and sometimes things come up and I kind of get reminded of something I had not thought about for awhile. A couple weeks ago, my mother and father-in-law were over at our home having dinner. We were commenting about my father-in-laws dad dying last year and my mother-in-law said, "Well he will be with us again in the new system." I was shocked that they would make such a comment. This man was anti-Witness, in everything I ever knew about him. He accepted his son, and his family for their choice, but made it very clear that he did not accept anything about the religion. They had tried on many occasions to preach to him, even trying to read scriptures to him in the hospital. All of which were met with, "I do not believe in your religion." The whole family knew about his feelings towards the Witness religion, and at his funeral it was mentioned that the man thought he was going to heaven, as he was a saved Christian. Which is obviously not a Witness teaching.

So with this in mind, my response to my mother-in-law was, "How would he be resurrected, when he is not a Witness and never accepted your faith?" Her response was this, and this is the insight I am looking for, as I remember something about this as a Witness, but not all the details. Apparently she says that the Witnesses now believe that anyone who dies before the actual great tribulation, that was not baptized, will be resurrected out of ignorance. They basically, even though they were against the religion in their life, never had true evidence in front of them that the Witnesses were 100% right and so out of ignorance they did not accept the religion or get a fair chance to accept it. So they would be resurrected in the new system of thing, to see if their heart was really cold to Jehovah or if it was just the Devil blinding them.

Honestly, this whole belief seems like a easy answer to give people in the faith, a positive feeling after their non-Witness relatives die. When we all know the real core of the religion is something very negative, in their regard. So what do you know of such a thing, or thought on death, with the Witness faith?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Since 1973, everyone I knew believed that nearly any dead person would be resurrected with a few exceptions (Adam, Eve, Judas) & flip flops over the years (people in Noah's time, people in Sodom & Gomorrah, etc.

• Warlock
    Warlock

The last I heard, except for Adam, Eve and Judas, we will find out during the Resurrection.

Warlock

• Carmel
    Carmel

Why bother with the house to house routine then? Oh, I forgot! Sell the rags! $$ for the publishing company. Forget about doctrinal continuity!

carmel

• free2beme
    free2beme

Very true, why even preach. You are kind of doing a injustice in the world.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The whole family knew about his feelings towards the Witness religion, and at his funeral it was mentioned that the man thought he was going to heaven, as he was a saved Christian.

I would place all my bets on this instead of what the cult teaches because christianity has been teaching this for centuries and the cult gets waaay toooo much New for my tastes.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I remember people who went to the KH when I did who seemed to be trying to work the system. They wouldn't get baptised so they couldn't get df'd and they figured if they died they before armageddon they'd be resurrected. Witnesses believe that if you die at armageddon and are not a JW you've had it and that is why they go door to door. However when you look at the amount of time most of them put in the preaching work now I don't think they really believe it is just around the corner anymore. It is just something they are expected to do.

Maybe I should commit suicide so that I can be resurrected

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome 2050! I hope that was a joke...

• Terry
    Terry

I have repeatedly told my friend, Johnny (the good little JW) that preaching from house to house is illogical if you wish to save anybody.

Why?

BEFORE Armageddon (according to their theology) the householder has the world, imperfection and Satan to blind them to the "Truth". After the resurrection there will be no distractions to accepting it. It borders on criminal negligence to preach before Armageddon.

This gaping hole in their logic is ludicrous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit