FOUND NOAH'S ARK? LINKS

by wednesday 22 Replies latest social current

• wednesday
    wednesday

from aol -story

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2136613 video at abcnews.com if you do not have aol, got to abcnews.com the story in on the front page near middle.
    while it is a Bible institute that has found them (B.A.S.E) still it is an impressive story. The problem they have is indentiying the wood.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

That was very interesting, Wednesday. I will be looking forward to the results of the tests on the wood.

A 400 ft. long piece of a man-made structure built from wood that is now petrified. There are sea creatures fossilized in surface of the wood. That is very interesting.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• wednesday
    wednesday

I thought so too. I would not have a problem in believing there was a flood, surely it was not global.

I watched the video and the man said "obivioulsy" one time too many for me. It too am looking forward to their finding. They said the Bible says Noah used gopher wood, a wood not known today. They said it appeared to be of the approx size the Bible describes.

• uk humanist
    uk humanist

With no evidence of a global flood - why would Noah's Ark exist? I guess Noah must have made it as a proof-of-concept, that solves the intrinsic difficulties in building such a large wooden ship. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

• uk humanist
    uk humanist

Even a local flood, the obvious response would be to move to higher ground, seemed to be enough time to reach a local mountain.
    Assuming existence of Noah (which I don't):
    No flood: Noah built boat as proof-of-concept.
    Local flood: Noah built boat, not through necessity, but because he thought big boats were cool, and he just wanted to build one, using advanced techniques that have been lost to this day.

• uk humanist
    uk humanist

Correction:
    My wife informs me that God told Noah to build the boat.
    Please read 'he thought big boats were cool' as 'God thought big boats were cool'.

• nelly136
    nelly136

just wondering how many arks have been found so far?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have no personal interest in proving it is the ark, but this expediton appears to be recent It does not appear to be linked with the people uk humanist gave us. That is from a very superfical read.

• jstalin
    jstalin

So what if it is a big hunk of wood or even a boat. What does that prove?

• uk humanist
    uk humanist

It does not appear to be linked with the people uk humanist gave us. That is from a very superfical read.

I doubt the two groups would be related, TalkOrigins is a group set up to provide mainstream scientific responses to these kind of subjects. I wasn't quoting from them (the formatting of my post was lost), the page I linked to gives an interesting overview of the topic.:
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit