animals in new system?

by moomanchu 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Do they live forever in the paradise?

If not what do we do with them?

There won't be any scavengers to cleanup.( come to think of it will maggots and worms be vegetarians?)

Why not use the animals for food or whatever seems to be a waste to just bury them if and when they would die.

• carla
    carla

If not what do we do with them?--Did you miss the memo? We let the kids roll around on a manicured lawn with panda bears, while the parents sip lemonade from staws with their large saltbox house in the backround. (ladies & girls in dresses of course)

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Hello Moo

The Awake had this to say:

g76 3/22 p. 17 Keep a Balanced View of Animal Life

Life

and Death of Animals
    The Creator gave life to both humans and animals. But for how long were they to continue to live? Scientists report that humans seem to have the potential of endless life, so that investigators are perplexed as to why man dies. The Bible gives the reason. It says that the Creator gave the first humans the opportunity of living forever. Death came only because they rebelled. (Gen. 2:17; 3:17-19; Rom. 5:12) What, though, of animals? They are not capable of conscious rebellion against God; yet they live only for a length of time and then die. Hence, it is clear that the Creator never purposed that individual animals live forever. For them death was natural.—2 Pet. 2:12.

So in no uncertain terms (to my knowledge this "light" has not been given a "new shine"), the GB tells us that animals will keep dying. Nevermind that natures decomposers will be allowed to retire.

We will basically see large decrepit elephants collapsing into fresh fountains of waters, dead pets falling into our banquet of well-oiled dishes, and cranes crashing into roofs when they croak. Sounds like a game hunter's paradise to me. Carcasses that won't rot, rigor mortis sets in, everyone can start their own Smithsonian collection!!

INQ

• restrangled
    restrangled

My father the logical thinker he was, asked us as children, how Adam and Eve knew about death before their son Abel was killed. None of us could figure it out. He said they witnessed the animals dieing. It seemed to make sense and I don't think animals will ever have eternal life. Sad as it may be for all of us animal lovers!

Someone I am sure will have another view point, this is just mine.

r.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Inq

Very interesting reference I never read that before.

So Jehovah created animals in the paradise only to live for a while, and then die.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Really, Moo? Were you not a Witness for very long, if at all? I remember questions like these intrigued me as a kid. This and questions about dinosaurs. lol.

IMHO though, the basis for concluding how long animals will live in the new system is plagued with holes.

You see, human lifespan and subsequent mortality is conveniently explained by the doctrine of sin and redemption. But how does the Bible explain the VARIED lifespans of non-human organisms?? There are trees that live for a 100 years, and there are trees that live for many thousands. There are turtles that live for several hundreds of years and there are fishes that only live 59 days! You'd think that for creatures that were COMPLETELY unaffected by Adamic sin, they'd have more standardised lifespans. After all they were all created on the same "day" and were all declared "good" weren't they? So how did they come to differ by so much?

What did the little pygmy goby fish do to Jehovah Almighty that the giant sequoia did not?

So if the Bible's record cannot account for such extremes in lifespans, why should we expect it to tell us how long they would live in the "new world"? The WTS did the Bible a great dis-service by making these assumptions.

INQ

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

INQ

born and raised as one faded when I was 36

The whole animal thing is quite a puzzle is all.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I wonder how many other JW 'lifers' out there had the heartbreaking experience of being told that a beloved pet who died wouldn't have a resurrection. The first dog I ever had (a black Samoyed--quite rare) was struck & killed by a car. My father found him in a ditch by the side of the road after he had been missing for a couple of days. Somewhere in my ignorant (i.e., not yet fully programmed) seven-year-old mind a ray of hope flashed briefly & I said aloud, "But at least I can play with Laddie again in the New Order?" That is when my father knelt down beside me & told me as gently as he couldn't that that wouldn't happen.

I became so hysterical that my parents had to literally drag me from the grave we had dug

DesertRat

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

Since the animals did not sin why do they suffer birth pangs and diseases? Was God so pissed with Adam and Eve he said "and your little dog too!"

• vitty
    vitty

I remember a talk, were it was said that animals have predestined heart beats eg a mouse and an elephant have ,for arguments sake 20000 heartbeats in a lifetime. Because the mouses heart beats faster than an elephant it uses up its 20000 beats in about 2 years, an elephant takes about 60 years to used its 20000 beats. Humans dont have the "clock"

Made sense to me..................I thought he knew what he was talking about !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit