Finally going to college...

by Justice-One 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Even though "the end" is so close you could reach out and "touch it with your tonge" I'm going to get my degree. I have been inactive for more than ten years, but because of the wife I still go to church (I just can't call it "the hall" anymore, at least in my heart) on Sundays from time to time. And guess what, when I mentioned that I was going to go to college, I was asked why I would want to do that? Didn't you hear at the convention just HOW CLOSE the end was? At this point I wanted to tell this idiot that I heard the same thing 30 years ago, and that I was not going to piss off the next 30 years the same way...but I just said, "oh well, I don't go to many meetings or go out in service anymore, so I have a lot of spare time on my hands." LOL!!! BTW, I'm getting my degree in Administration Of Justice. (Law) Who knows, maybe I'll get to give this butt-head a ticket one day. At the very least I'll have an education that I should have gotten years ago.

BTW, I don't know about the rest of you, but even IF, (and thats a HUGE IF) these guys are right, I would rather die than spend eternity with these communist-like morons. As my nephew put it, "the after life is a crap shoot, I intend to live THIS life the way I see fit, and not as others tell me I should live it." I could not agree more.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    even IF, (and thats a HUGE IF) these guys are right,

Justice: There is no IF, no matter how huge. The further away from it you get, the more clearly ludicrous, asinine and moronic their teachings will appear to you. You can take that to the bank with full confidence. In fact, years from now, when you have your degree, you will look back on this post and laugh your ass off and the notion of "IF."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Oh don't get me wrong. I no longer believe they have "the truth." My point is I would not care if they did. If THAT is the truth, I would rather die. BTW, you should have heard my wife when I told her I was going to get a degree in Justice. Actually it was not too bad until I told her than one of the possible job areas was law enforcement. LOL. I just really wish my eyes had been opened thirty years ago. But I must tell you, it felt really good to register and buy my books. I think I'm really going to enjoy this....and the Pysch classes will no doubt come in handy at "the hall." LOL.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Justice-One,
    Good luck with your college courses and with your future career. I can believe it will be much more satisfying to actually stop the bad guys instead of "waiting on Jehovah" to do it. More power to you.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Education is a powerful tool. The greatest thing you can learn in a college education is how to learn.

The ability to take in knowledge and separate what is important from worthless information is an invaluable skill.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Justice,

Go for it and power of knowledge to you. I wish so much I had gotten out of the JW 25 years ago and got my college education. Instead I stayed in religion and ended up raising my sons in it. Today I can only hope for at least one son making it through college.

Good luck and work hard.

Balsam

• greendawn
    greendawn

Many people regretted not going to university in the 1970's because the end was so near, they gave false alarms so many times and everyone is justified to ignore them.

As for calling the KHs churches that implies a Christ centred organisation which they are not, they are jehovah centred and therefore their KHs are better called synagogues.

• juni
    juni

Good for you Justiceone.

So MANY put off furthering their education, marrying, having children, etc. etc. And so many regretting their decision!! Live today as if it were your last, but plan for the future.

Juni

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Justice one,

Good for you for pursuing your dream!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations. Study hard and be proud of yourself. The ones at the K.H. will never tell you they are proud of you, but you are on your way to accomplishing alot and in your chosen field you will be beneficial for many people I'm sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit