Buffet gives Gates $37 billion

by MsMcDucket 15 Replies latest social current

• FlyingHighNow
  • daniel-p
    daniel-p
    It's a shame this thread received such little attention.

I don't think this thread has recieved little attention, it's just that there really isn't a whole lot to say about it. This isn't my source of news other than JW related stuff, so I'm probably not going to come here to talk about it in the first place.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    This isn't my source of news other than JW related stuff, so I'm probably not going to come here to talk about it in the first place.

Daniel-p, would you tell us if you received a grant or what have ya from Bill Gates? Is that JW news? One of my daughers did receive a Gates Scholarship. I think I talk about news in my family and world news. It's not all about being an ex-witness.

I remember being so much a witness that I didn't know what was going on in the world, accept when there was a major disaster that "proved" that we "were/are living in the last days". I remember, not remembering that it was Christmas day and trying to go to the grocery store, and wondering why it was closed?

Talk about being OUT of the loop!

I guess that's why I post things that I feel are significant. Didn't mean to bore you to tears.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    I guess that's why I post things that I feel are significant. Didn't mean to bore you to tears.

I definitely feel this is significant - Warren Buffet is now the biggest philanthropist in all history, speaking in monetary terms. It isn't boring at all, I was just point out that perhaps some people just don't know what to say, being awestruck. They do offer Bill Gates scholarships here at my college, but as far as I know they are for the math and sciences, which my major is not in.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Daniel, we need to send Bill & Melinda a letter and inform them that they need to make a scholarship for ex-dubs. We could go into specific details about how they discouraged their followers from going to college. And that the ones that manage to break away are in need of money to achieve a higher education because they come from a family background of window washers, janitors, carpet cleaners, cooks, and stable cleaners.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Daniel, we need to send Bill & Melinda a letter and inform them that they need to make a scholarship for ex-dubs. We could go into specific details about how they discouraged their followers from going to college. And that the ones that manage to break away are in need of money to achieve a higher education because they come from a family background of window washers, janitors, carpet cleaners, cooks, and stable cleaners.

Interesting. Just this past weekend I was interviewing for a major State-wide scholarship and this issue came up. I had mentioned how I came from a family where higher education was discouraged due to my family's religious background. It definitely fits under the qualification of some scholarships such as "disadvantaged backgrounds, etc"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit