Oprah Winfrey

by darkuncle29 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I was just watching TV, and the thought occured to me, "Is Oprah Winfrey a Scientologist?" I know some people will automatically take offense at that acusation, but isn't it possible, and I thought the question would be interesting to ponder.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

nah
    but she strikes me as relatively tolerant of other peoples "spiritual" views
    as well as willing to stand up for her own of course

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    she strikes me as relatively tolerant of other peoples "spiritual" views

Really? I just thought there might have been more to it.

• oldflame
    oldflame

She is an awesome person. It's too bad that other people with lots of dough can't be just like her.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

okay, i'll bite....More to what?

(Please don't say the whole Tom Cruise couch jumping incident. If I hear one more person criticize him for getting excited about being in love.... (me rolling eyez))

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'm not trying to belittle her, I like Oprah. And the Tom Cruise jumping off the couch wasn't what spawned that thought. I think I got the idea because I was thinking of John Travolta, Kirstie Allie, Tom Cruise, ...they're all CS, but that's not why she has them on her show.

I agree, I can't really see her handing over that much control to a church group.

• Anitar
    Anitar

No she is not a scientologist. She's either Southern Baptist or Methodist. I saw her going to church on one of her shows this summer.

• nowisee
    nowisee

if you watch her regularly (as i do) you will know that she professes to be Christian, though i don't know which denomination. she wears a cross often.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I think she is still searching for what she really believes.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

If you watch any of her movies/productions, you'll think that she's more into christianity. A lot of her movies are sad as hell!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit