Actual Number of the anointed remaining

by core 16 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

Heard from a sister that a visitor to their cong (from USA) mentioned in passing that at the top at Brooklyn they did not think that the reported number of anointed still alive was accurate, rather they believe that only a couple of hundred remain. They apparently believe this points to the end soon (again) - also if it is true they are not proclaiming it (obviously because the time limit it imposes will be exposed as another failed date)

Odd if that is the case as they keep on finding GB members who are not actually very old

• supersonic
    supersonic

I've been told its now about at the 1800 mark.

• blondie
    blondie

Officially, 8,524 partook last year (2005). I don't know if the numbers for 2006 have been reported yet by the WTS.

The WTS has been referring to "genuine" anointed in their publications, indicating that not all 8,524 may be genuine. It is noteworthy that only 2 of the GB were born before 1935 and were old enough to have been "anointed" before 1935 (Jaracz was 10 in 1935).

w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 18 "Keep on the Watch" ***
    Sixth,
    the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling,

w97 8/15 p. 15 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future? ***

The number of genuine anointed sons of God surviving on earth is greatly diminished.

w97 9/15 p. 14 par. 21 Will You Be Faithful Like Elijah? ***

With zeal like that of Elijah, the small remnant of genuine anointed Christians have discharged their responsibility of caring for the earthly interests of the enthroned King, Jesus Christ.

Blondie (I wonder who decides who is "genuine"?)

• Undecided
    Undecided

I wonder how many genuine JWs are still in the congregations?

Ken P.

• blondie
    blondie

Good question, Ken!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Those who claim to know always say with an intake of breath that the Society realize that all the partakers at Memorial are not the genuine article, "but Jehovah knows"

It is a good way of dealing with the unexplainable fact that the number should have reduced dramatically by now. If the figures are inconvenient, ignore them ! Politicians do it all the time ( If an opinion poll goes against them then it is unreliable, if it is favourable then it is evidence of a swing in their favour)

BTW , does anybody know where these partakers are? Nobody much around here.

• ronin1
    ronin1

My husband and I stopped paying attention to the amount of anointed remaining once we decided that the JW's were not the only ones to go to heaven..............

Ronin1

• Bookey
    Bookey

Is there really any such thing as a "genuine" JW? That's like assuming there are "genuine politicians"... what the heck does that mean? Don't mind me. I seldom know what I am saying anymore. Thank God for schizophrenia. It's truly a wonderful condition to be blessed with when living in a world full of weirdo normals. May Yahweh cook us with bacon and eggs for dinner after a hangover... In Blessyah, Amen

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Officially, 8,524 partook last year (2005).

Thats HILARIOUS! It must completely piss them off royally that so many dubs have the heavenly hope. Its like being a victim of their own lie.

They invent this special elite club that has such a secret membership requirement no-one knows how they know how they are in the gang, then all of a sudden people start beating them at their own game by genuinely believeing that they are part of the gang. And they cant say they are not part of the gang, because remember the entry requirement is shrouded in mystery!

ahahahah hahah haahhaha serves them right, for playing such a silly game.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Germany, New York and a few in London is where the remaining ones are

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit