Comments You Will Not Hear at the 6-25-06 WT Study (Survival)

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• searcher
    searcher

Great review Blondie, and right on the money.

The public talk was of the same theme, Noah, the ark, not only have to be IN the ark to survive have to show faith and be doing.

Figures show that people are still hearing the message and coming in so keep at it, only one part of prophecy still to happen (tribulation), hands up everyone who wants to survive (every hand except one ).

Much about Daniel and the idol with the feet of clay, so near now, yadda yadda yadda.

And the message is..............hold your breath now,

Do more!

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Well done, Blondie [as usual]:

I must say there is always a painful "stinging" sensation for me when reading your reviews, as I remember only too well either "conducting" the congregation study of such baloney, or commenting enthusiastically from the audience.

I continue to marvel at how many (contradictory/false logic/misleading/arrogant, etc) issues [such as you call attention to] went right past me.

I especially appreciate your female take on things......having been in the "male congregational power structure" for many years and being thoroughly inculcated/brainwashed with the WT "line", I failed so many times to see the "bigger picture", including how life as a JW would have been as a woman. I tried hard to be a "good guy" [re: treatment of women], but know I failed many times because of unrecognized ignorance.

Thanks again for your insights.

Dannyboy

• heathen
    heathen

Particularly, since 1919, a warning message similar to the one given Noah has been declared to people of all nations. In general, their reaction has been similar to that of people in Noah's days.

Yah I notice how they leave out the part where the world was to end literally according to Russell. They promised deliverance then but nothing happened .

The honesty, kindness, peacefulness, and diligence displayed by Jehovah's Witnesses are admired by unprejudiced onlookers, and these qualities distinguish God's people from the world in general.

unprejudiced must mean completely ignorant . To me it's like what jesus said about the pharisees , sure they look like white washed graves but inside full of dead men bones.

The Witnesses reject violence in all its forms and let themselves be motivated by Jehovah's spirit. That is why they are blessed with peace and why they pursue a righteous course.--Isaiah 60:17

But they hate to called pacifist and join violent organizations such as the UN as an NGO in which case they agreed to support the actions of the UN even if violent.

What these observers overlook is that the Witnesses manifest such qualities as love, peace, kindness, goodness, mildness, and self-control because they are led by God's holy spirit. (Galatians 5:22-25) This should add credibility to their message.

Just who the hell are they talking about here , onlookers , jeezus . most see a cult that wrecks lives. Most I've known don't come anywhere close .

No smoking, no rough speech, and everyone is sober

Yah and exactly what other religion encourages rough speech , smoking and heavy drinking? It's all just a facade , when the cats away the mice do play.

modern-day ridiculers are kept out, even as such ones found no place in Noah's ark.

Exscuse me but the web is full of modern day ridiculers that continue meeting so they don't lose their family and friends.

They are really laying it on thick here . I don't know how anybody could sit their with a straight face and give the answers to those questions for the paragraphs . I don't see the humility in this , this is more like, "we are so ready to watch everybody die".

Thanks blondie ................

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hi Blondie, I feel time is running out. I noticed in WT magazine, they specifically jumped over Psalms 23 and 24 that have actually been fulfilled in Christ. He said it himself, I'm sure you know the scripture.

I can tell the society doesn't want anyone being on the internet...

Cyberguy, you're right on your comments! Thanks

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Thanks for that Blondie.

I notice you point out that there is a black daughter in law. If as the WT claims the sun was obscured by a canopy of water, why would this obvious adaptation to bright sunlight already have occurred? Suddenly out pops a true black baby with no genes for it in the ancestry.

Did anybody else notice too that in the modern Congregation picture (as last week) the young brothers are not talking with the opposite sex, and the white married couple are letting an elderly black lady hold the wife's (not the husband's hand) and the young sisters are talking only to each other. This is a strereotypical pattern which is happening more and more.

HB

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hi Hamsterbait, for those and several other reasons I don't think there was a global flood, but a flood affecting all of mankind. The introduction of racial differences lacks a natural mechanism. It very likely happened when God spread humanity across the lands (tower of babel).

I have noticed that regarding the pictures. It looks so staged for some reason. I thought today's study was particularly disgraceful towards God. No one can ever work hard enough for salvation, but being born again.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    So true, zeroday, and that was only 56 years ago, before I was even born,
    Praise be to God that such momentous events are nearer than most people think!

I bet the man who wrote that is dead now.

Probably Freddie Franz, this is his writing style with much hyperbole...

• heathen
    heathen

I've even heard some black people from the baptist church say that the mark of cain was that he spawned the black race , so if that is true then perhaps one of noahs sons was married to a decendant of cain . It would be about impossible to pinpoint where the diversity in skin color came in .

• bennyk
    bennyk
    Witnesses manifest such qualities as love, peace, kindness, goodness, mildness, and self-control because they are led by God's holy spirit. (Galatians 5:22-25) (paragraph 6)

Perhaps the WTS could revisit this statement in light of Romans 8:14-17. (?)

This was interesting, also:

the cities of refuge in ancient Israel provided protection for the unintentional manslayer only if he first fled to such a city and then remained inside it until the death of the high priest. (Numbers 35:11-32) (paragraph 11)
    Are we actually inside Jehovah's arrangement of spiritual protection? (paragraph 12)
    The August 1934 Watchtowers defined the "Cities of Refuge" as the Organisation. Russell had stated (WT 15. Oct. 1907, reprint p. 4079) that the anti-typical "Cities of Refuge" were Christ Jesus. Russell taught that Jesus was important; Rutherford replaced Jesus with the "Theocracy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit