Coincidence? August Awake! - BLOOD - Why So Valuable?

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I think your hunch has a good chance of being right, Jourles. As we critics of 'Tower blood policy all know, that small word packs a powerful punch in this whole debate. That the Tower are using the word could well mean they're paving the way for new light, IF they choose to introduce it.

It could also be something the moderates in Writing have introduced in order to create a situation whereby the blood doctrine can be backed away from. As such it could always be canned by Jaracz's conservatives.

But if they DO introduce the change, how to do it? Such a major reversal would be difficult to hide in the QFR section, one of their favoured methods for discarding old light. Would they have the balls to have major articles detailing and explaining the change? We certainly have lived to see interesting times!

• kristyann
    kristyann

Ugh, I feel so angry when I hear about this! It's so ridiculous. Obviously, I WANT them to change their blood policy. There is no reason for any more innocent children (or adults) to die needlessly over this crap.

But still... I guess I would just be so mad if they changed their minds and told the dubs it's up to their "conscience" now, too. Either way, I am mad. I cannot help but think about the people that died needlessly... the people that were shunned for having blood transfusions... the family and friends of those who have already died. What then? That will be so entirely devestating for them if that ever happens.

They are probably just trying to gradually slip it in there as being up to your personal "conscience," like some of you said. They're trying to adjust the rank and file to the idea little by little. If they do it slowly and subtly, it's easier to brainwash the people into thinking it was their "choice" all along. I doubt they'd ever come out with a big article about the "new light," they'd just slip it in there real casually like it's no big deal and that's pretty much how it's been all along. And then the rank and file will be brainwashed into believing that, as well, and anyone who remembers otherwise will just have to turn off their brains and convince themselves that their own memories are faulty. And that makes me really MAD!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Ugh, I feel so angry when I hear about this! It's so ridiculous. Obviously, I WANT them to change their blood policy. There is no reason for any more innocent children (or adults) to die needlessly over this crap.

But still... I guess I would just be so mad if they changed their minds and told the dubs it's up to their "conscience" now, too. Either way, I am mad. I cannot help but think about the people that died needlessly... the people that were shunned for having blood transfusions... the family and friends of those who have already died. What then? That will be so entirely devestating for them if that ever happens.

This is the corner they've painted themselves into with this silly doctrine. Change too slowly, and more people die unnecessarily, even long after the leaders have decided that the doctrine must eventually go.

Change too quickly, and the people who've lost loved ones will be furious and suing, and the whole question of the GB's God-given authority will be raised by more than a few in the R&F.

• dvw
    dvw

how appropriate, they quote the united nations concerning blood. their revulsion to blood and the un. are really equal cornerstones in their house of cards. why dont the poor publishers RUN, not walk, away from the monster which is the governing body?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Jourles,

I think you may be right. Good catch. It's just like those sneaky bastards to slowly 'test the waters' with a few 'blood is an organ' quotes. Later, they'll say, "Look, we have said this all along...organ transplants are a 'conscience matter' and a well trained Bible trained conscience will know the right thing to do..."

I, too, hope it's a change JW's can look forward to and not have to die senselessly. A lot of dubs will still stick with what they feel comfortable...No Blood. They lived, breathed and defended this belief all their lives...it will be against their nature and of course, their "Bible trained conscience" to do any different.

But, just like all the JW's who died faithful, because, of the "No Organ Transplant" rule that was then abandoned...there will be a fury over the loved ones who died senselessly over the Blood doctrine. I won't ever forgive the WTS for the useless, senseless death of my mother...and when & if they abandon the Blood doctrine, I will make sure their guilt is plain to all my JW relatives.

I hope the GB & their clever corporate lawyers have painted themselves into a corner...one that will cause the largest exodus of 'God's' people since Eygpt.

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit