I managed to apologise to someone I used to shun.

by nicolaou 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I suggested that it was an overreaction at the start.

Maybe if you'd got as far as my second line to you you'd understand why it occurred...

All you replied with was the question - no genuine concern, just a probing and potentially intimate question. That aint polite, nor does it deserve an answer.

Any plainer?

(thanks for the background on why you answered the way you did, though)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Excellent Nic!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    YOU are an example of a true Christian, we're proud of you.

BlackPearl, Just to set the record straight, I am most definately not a christian but I thank you for your kind praise and accept it in the spirit given.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    BlackPearl, Just to set the record straight, I am most definately not a christian but I thank you for your kind praise and accept it in the spirit given.

Oh, come on! Ya just know ya want to be

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hey Ross! I'll abandon reason and accept christianity when you follow reason and embrace atheism.

Deal?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Deal

Allegedly the atheists around here don't define atheism as "not believing in God", rather being content in the knowledge that there's no scientific evidence for such a being.

Since I apply "reason" to all my beliefs, including those based on my own unprovable subjective experience, it would be uinreasonable for me not to accept both points of view - atheism as the objective scientific view and Christianity as the subjective personal belief.

How are you going to reason away your part of the bargain?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    If it was announced that she is "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".. she was not disfellowshipped. She chose to disassociate herself from the cult with no intentions of going back. If it was like me, they approached me with charges of apostacy and I refused to discuss anything and just asked to no longer be recognized as one of them.

The new announcement is the SAME for both DA'ed and DF'ed people. I believe they changed it to avoid liability issues.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Wow. Very powerful. Things like that really draw a distinct line between real and conditional love.

FBF

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

bumped in response to asilentones topic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit