catholic funeral today

by jaffacake 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hi old friends,

My dear sister in law died last week age 39 leaving 3 kids (16, 12 and 5). We're very close and the youngest kids are staying with us, off and on, for a while.

Got to know the Catholic priest who has been wonderful and made all the difference to helping her accept what was happening. She was not religious at all - quite the opposite, and he hardly knew her until very recently, but he treated her like a daughter. After some of his visits when she had been upset and afraid, he shed tears with us. After a few of his visits she lost all her fear of death and she told us she was ready.

My wife and I are so grateful for the love he showed to a stranger, who did not share his faith - he feels almost like part of my family now, a wonderful Christian human being!

• Forscher
    Forscher

I am sorry to hear about your loss. hang in there!
    Forscher

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Jaffa,

The priest is certainly an example of kindness. Please accept my condolences on behalf of your family, and please give those kids hugs from me. It's devastating to lose a parent.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi jaffacake, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

love

Linda

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I'm glad you're helping out with the kids. The priest sounds like a great 'guy' and it's nice to hear about the 'love' shown by total strangers.

take care.... my condolences.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Jaffa,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law.What a wonderful man to have cared so much, to help your sister-in-law, and you and your family. What he did is another perfect example of true Christianity!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• kristyann
    kristyann

I'm sorry to hear about it. God bless you and I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Jaffa

Sorry to hear of your loss. My sympathy and prayers to all the family

I'm glad the priest showed such kindness to you all as well. A true Christian indeed

• Quandry
    Quandry

he feels almost like part of my family now, a wonderful Christian human being!

I was going through some posts I had missed, and yours was one. I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.

That the priest would come and talk to your sis in law many times to calm her and show love is something I could not have fathomed just a short time ago as a witness. It would have confused me.

The Catholics are the most reprehensible part of Babyon the Great as far as they are concerned. Does your best friend who is the witness know of his kindness? Please share it with him.

Also, please tell the priest how much I admire him even though as a human what he went through-sitting with a dying woman-and being there and crying with the family-could not have been easy.

I do not have a religion either now. I have wondered what will happen to me when I die. Who will officiate?

Thank you for sharing with us.

• Mary
    Mary
    My wife and I are so grateful for the love he showed to a stranger, who did not share his faith - he feels almost like part of my family now, a wonderful Christian human being!

I'm so sorry for your loss. And really glad that the priest could give her comfort and hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit