Dinosaurs

by finnrot 12 Replies latest jw friends

• finnrot
    finnrot

Believe it or not kiddies, lisa (LDH) and I have been on this website when you were still growing your baby teeth. I have brought up this subject many years ago, so I will resurrect it again.

When I was a kid, I used to look at my green bible as I sat totally bored in the Kingdom Hall and looked at the cool donosaurs on the inside cover of the green bible. I wasn't a brilliant kid, by any means, but as I heard the bullshit spewed from the podium, I couldn't reconcile how we could have the story of Adan and Eve as the beginning of creation and also the existence of dinosaurs.

As a little kid in the Hall I saw HUGE inconsistencies in the fantasies of the bible. As a kid I felt that if there were donosaurs, then the bible was full of shit. My dad just said that we should go along with what was being taught, but I could tell that he was just in it because his parents wanted him to be a good Witness.

Even as a kid I thought it was a bullshit religion, but I believed because of my parents. After 1975 I left for good. Anybody that stayed after that date was officially a moron in my book.

-fin

• Odrade
    Odrade

...wish I had a picture of that dinosaur...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    As a little kid in the Hall I saw HUGE inconsistencies in the fantasies of the bible. As a kid I felt that if there were donosaurs, then the bible was full of shit.

That's why you see all these "Creationist Museums" popping up (especially here in the Heartland) to drill it (along with other stupid ideas) into the heads of the little fundy kids that dinosaurs co-existed with early man. It's sad, JWism for all practical purposes is dead, but moronic religionism is as alive as it ever was.

I hope today's fundy kids are smart enough to see through the ridiculousness of their parents' religion, as you were.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I always loved the picture of the Dinosaur inside the cover of the old green Bible. I'm sure I have a couple copies tucked away in boxes in my basement. I always wondered if they were stupid enough to believe that dinosaurs coexisted with ancient humans.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    ...wish I had a picture of that dinosaur...

ask and you shall receive... altalt

• finnrot
    finnrot

Thanks guys. I appreciate the backup and props. BTY, how do you like the titties on my avatar, should I change it to my current look? they're a little saggy now.

-fin

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

the titties are just fine!

Here's an avatar for anyone else who wants to use it. Not you finnrot! Not you.

alt

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What the hell. I thought I'd use it for a while.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The best part about the dinosaur is that the dots above its head lend themselves very nicely to the drawing of a thought bubble, and don't touch the titties. They're pretty nice, for a man.

• finnrot
    finnrot

OK nicolaou I will keep my current avatar.

BTY, After I quit the Witlesses I took my share of drugs and eventually got unhappily married for 20 years. I eventually got divorced and went to the Philippines and married a gurl 26 years younger than myself. Maybe it's a case of arrested delelopment, but we are totally hapilly married. My young wife and I started a new business together and we are now making over $100,000 per year in our new venture.

I converted to Catholothism to marry her in the church and I couldn't be happier. I still don't believe in God, but it doesn't seem to matter. I just put $5 in the collection plate on Sunday and go home guilt free.

When I get to be an old man I will probably change my views on God and His grand plans for my deathly future, but while I'm healthy, I will just confidently feel that God and all religion is just a made up fantasy by mankind.

-fin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit