Is there a certain TYPE of person who leaves the org?

by M.J. 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• M.J.
    M.J.

Just wondering. Do ex-JWs generally fit a certain profile? Is it only a matter of time for some types of people to find their way out?

On the other hand is there a certain type of person who stays in the organization no matter what?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the thinking type leave....even if we can discount the early organization problems due to " new light" examining the history of the watchtower org within our OWN generation, exposes the changes and differences that show what the org says and what the org does is two different things.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

oh!! you changed your question!

do ex jw's fit a "profile" .. not really... many different types leave. . the ones that were formally very strong JW's leave.. the "weak" leave.. the " in between" leave..

is there a type that stay no matter what?.......... in my opinion unless they become disallusioned, those who are comfortable letting the org do their thinking for them stay no matter what.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    On the other hand is there a certain type of person who stays in the organization no matter what?

I think this might be true, because I know of someone who doesn't truely believe but won't leave because of the fear that there is nothing without having that.

• desertlily
    desertlily

Good Day M.J. and All:

Just a thought, but truthseekers sighing and groaning over the detestable things being done in "spiritual paradise", and who desire to worship Jah and Jesus in spirit and truth, will get thrown out or led out of the synagogues, eventually, and those left:

2 Timothy 4:3-5

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. 5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do [the] work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.

Much Christian Love and Light to All

sis

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/index.php

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Is there a certain TYPE of person who leaves the org?

I don't think so. At least not 1 type.

People leave for many reasons.

• they realize the WTS does not own the corner on truth and their conscience won't allow them to stay
    • some hate the restrictions/controls and long to be free
    • some leave and still believe . They just don't think it is worth the stress and time the WTS exacts on its members
    • some see the hypocrisy
    • some get tired of the "spiritual banquet" and go looking for some real food they can sink their teeth into
    • some are forced into it

I'm sure there are many others but that's my short list

• M.J.
    M.J.
    oh!! you changed your question!

oops you were really quick on the draw to catch that! Actually I just wiped out a sentence I thought was redundant.

Your answer is what my intuition sort of tells me, that all types leave. It just depends on the circumstances. But I would guess that people who have emotional dependency issues / abuse issues would have a tougher time of it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I agree with candidly on both questions here. With all the information we have available on the Internet now, almost everyone has the opportunity to examine the jws history, current beliefs and to see for themselves that the wts does not always practice what it preaches. They can see the truth behind the UN fiasco, child abuse policy, etc.

For some, it is such an eye - opening experience that they can see that the wts does not have the truth, and leave. For others, they are in such a spiritual comfort zone, with their friends and family all jws, that they can ignore the evidence of their eyes and stay.

I don't think that there is really a certain type of person who will leave and a certain type who will stay, it depends on an individuals perception of the evidence they are presented with about the wts shortcomings.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I believe God lead me out... and freed me. But I don't think, all leave for that reason... "you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I think it's all about who can stay in denial longer. The longer you can keep your eyes and ears closed, the longer you can stay in. The longer you can stand the self-loathing, the longer you stay in.

I have known people who were considered "weak" who are still going at it, and people who were considered "strong" long gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit