Learning on the Loo / WT53

by ThomasCovenant 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hello

I know many , including my wife, don't think it's very hygienic but every morning whilst doing a twosies I have to have something to read.

Well very often my wife will hear me laughing out loud in the loo. This is not to camouflage any explosive sounds from the rear sluice gates but because I've taken to reading the only bound volume I have, which is Watchtower 1953.

I find some of the stuff in there incredible and I only wish I had more volumes. I have the CD rom 2003 but it's not the same for reading as a book.

Anyway I thought I might share some of the quotes, hope you don't mind.

(Quotes' site with his no commentary of the nonsense the society has printed was the one 'apostate site' that had the most impact on me to utterly convince me it wasn't the 'Truth'.)

WT 53 March 15th page 164

'... for 1952 some two million major crimes were committed in the United States, meaning that one out of every 75 is a criminal,...'

Did I miss something in my maths schooling. I'm assuming the population of the U.S. was 150 million in '52 but you don't divide the population by the number of crimes to find out how many criminals there are. Surely it could have been just one super criminal committing all of the crimes.

WT 53 March 15th page 164

'They are a people...., being the most joyful as well as the most optimistic people on the face of the earth.'

'....they are the most energetic, most progressive and most enterprising of all peoples.'

Guess who these people are.

WT53 April 15th page 227

'Nothing is more Godless than communism.'

WT53 April 15th page 229

'There was a time when there was only one language, and that, as God's Word indicates, was Hebrew.'

An indication here but then...

WT 53 April 15th page 231

'For the first some 1800 years of mankind's existence there was but the one language, Hebrew.'

Hope you enjoyed the nonsense.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• kid-A
    kid-A

Always a good idea keeping some bound volumes beside the crapper. You never know when you may run out of toilet paper. OUCH !!!!!!

• uriah
    uriah

I just knew that this was going to be a uk post (snigger). I trust you remembered to wash your hands.

• Frog
    Frog

Thanks TC that was piss funny! hehe. It's the sort of thing that will never fail to raise a few laughs...I think it's a beautiful thing that such a volume has been relegated to the only room in the house to which truley represents that which is represented within i.e., total shite....x

• VM44
    VM44

Where in the Bible does it say that the first language, spoken by Adam and Eve, was Hebrew? --VM44

• VM44
    VM44

'... for 1952 some two million major crimes were committed in the United States, meaning that one out of every 75 is a criminal,...'

This is because every criminal in the United States is allowed to commit only one major crime each year! This was the result of the little known Crime Rationing Law passed by Congress after World War II.

--VM44

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Very entertaining, Thomas, and welcome to the board.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Good read, TC, and welcome to the board. I'm glad I'm not the only one who believes that the best place to read WT literature is on the loo.Especially if one has a touch of constipation.

Cheers

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    This is because every criminal in the United States is allowed to commit only one major crime each year! This was the result of the little known Crime Rationing Law passed by Congress after World War II.

There is actually a statute in Texas that someone intending to commit a crime must give the victim 24hours notice beforehand, and include the time and nature of the crime. Really!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit