daniel sydlik, what a guy!

by dvw 17 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

I hate to ask a morbid question, but here it is.

Where will he be buired? And, will he be buried in an unmarked grave, as Rutherford was?

I ask this because I wonder if the Society provides a marker for those that are buried at their expense.

Also, isn't the Watchtower plot for the anointed called the "launching pad" by some at Bethel? (I find that to be very disrepectful if they do)

--VM44

• Odrade
    Odrade

There's a WT graveyard out at Watchtower Farms, for those that don't have family on the "outside" to buy them a plot or an urn.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I am sure that Daniel Sydlik was a nice guy. Like so many of here, he was simply caught up in an imperfect system that is very difficult to get out of.

• sir82
    sir82

Interesting! I didn't know he was baptized in 1941.

So, he was "anointed" (gotta be anointed to be on the GB), but baptized after 1935...I guess he was another one of the "replacements".

Sheesh! weren't any of those partakers in 1935 faithful at all?!? Seems like they've all been "replaced" by "anointed" ones since 1935...

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

sir82 - Interesting observation!

• dvw
    dvw

yep, that is the handout that i have. i guarentee if the local kingdom hall had a dead guy get an official memorial handout like this; the scripture would hit the fan. btw, what's with the sail boat?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Dvw,

I could be wrong, but the sailboat looks like the painting that used to be in the lobby of the Bossert hotel. It depicts Russell on the deck of the ship that he sailed to England on. If you look close you can see Russell ont he deck in the origional. Could just be a coincidence....

Maybe Danny liked boats?

W.Once

• Room 215
    Room 215

``Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well" ...... I too have no problem with the handout as written; but the double standard (``no eulogies please") in the Society's funeral talk outline for the rank and file troubles me.

As true of most, the Dan Sydlik I knew was a complex blend of bluster, individualism and a proponent of liberalization. It's a shame he retreated to his bunker when the s**t hit the fan during the Franz/Dunlap/Sanchez witchhunt. It's been said of him that he couldn't stand being in the same room with Jaracz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit