Another wacky BOE letter

by sir82 16 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Me thinks some people shouldn't try to be funny....:)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    if he is recommended for regular pioneer service in the future.

• core
    core

fullofdoubtnow:

The elders in my old kh "protected" the children of a brother who had been accused by them of child abuse by disfellowshipping the two who were baptised, as well as their mother, for going to the police. The brother, who is now doing 7.5 years in prison, was "repentant", and is still a jw in good standing. He will be welcomed back into the congregation on his release.

was that because of the 2 witness rule? had similar experience of that - and you say this "pervert" (can't use words I want to) is in "good standing" with the cong - how can ordinary JWS see this and stay in? Are they blinded to the obvious of is it all hidden away with lies and half-truths and the famous "get out of anything" statement - "leave it in Jehovahs hands"

• james_woods
    james_woods

I really go for that last sentence:

Elders should also follow the direction in the August 1, 1995 and March 14, 1997, letters if a child-maltreatment offender is released from prison and moves to another area of the country or if he is recommended for regular pioneer service in the future.

WTF??? recommended for regular pioneer service?

Heck, lets just send him to Bethel and put him in the service department...

• minimus
    minimus

"Child-maltreatment offender"-----I've never heard of that expression. Have you??

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    "Child-maltreatment offender"-----I've never heard of that expression. Have you??

Nope. But I guess they think it sounds better than 'Child Molester' or 'Rapist' or 'Perverted Sex Criminal'. Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

The Society loves to have its own language. You're righ. "CHILD MOLESTERS" sounds too awful-----especially if you were a CHILD MOLESTER who was an INMATE and now you are a REGULAR PIONEER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit