"He that is not against us is for us."

by Confession 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hi Confession, that does go against WT doctrine. How would it fit in with Jesus claiming he was the way, the truth, and the life? If others were expelling demons, but denying Christ, wouldn't they be against Jesus?

Hey Warlock, what's that about Peter's angel?

• Confession
    Confession

Hi, Sacchiel... I think the simple point to be taken is that Jesus' institution of Christianity did not suggest that membership in a particular group of men was necessary. The apostles were, like, "Hey, you can't do that. You've got to be with us." Jesus indicated this was not the case. Apparently the man successfully expelling demons was promoting Christianity. He did not need to be "with them."

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Thanks, that makes so much sense!

I have never heard of a response from the WT regarding

"I exhort therefore, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and givings of thanks, be made for all men: for kings and all who are in high places; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

We are to pray for our government leaders! This is good in the eyes of God. One more reason why I know the WT does not have the truth.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Very interesting post Peacefulpete. It is a possibility (in a "no-Q" hypothesis, if I understood you correctly) that the Markan aphorism of chapter 9 is (approximately) reversed and set into a different yet similar context in Matthew 12 (// Mark 3), and that Luke accepts both forms without trying to reconcile them.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Well I hadn't thought it through quite that far but I like it. I still feel Matt 12:30 feels misplaced. ???

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I like the verse right after too.

Mark 9:41 I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.

Try it on your next JW knockers see if they pick up on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit