Just back from Greece............

by ScoobySnax 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Who's first to see my white bits........

• mouthy
    mouthy

ME!!!! Welcome back tell us about it

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

coooool..... anything good to eat there (yeah, just like EVERYTHING...I love Greek food)

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hope you had a great time, and experienced some of the real Greece.

My Husband is Greek/Australian, and when we visited Greece some places were just catering to the tourists, turned into a "little Britain"! You couldn''t buy a Greek coffee, people were eating fish and chips and reading the Mirror in the cafes.We had an unreal holiday and saw/experienced lots.

• rassillon
    rassillon

cool, I am heading there in a august.

Any pointers?

-r

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sorry Scoob, no white bits for me.

How about some ouzo!!

Chris

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Well I went to Kefalonia, a great island set in azure seas, sandy beaches, the lot. Hired a car and drove about and the sites I saw around the island were great. Fantastic beaches and coves that took your breath away.

Went to a few taverna's on the island where they didn't speak a word of English, yet welcomed you with freshly caught fish, the most fantastic bread soaked in olive oil. Washed down with the local beer. You really couldn't ask for more.

I'm convinced I'm the colour of chocolate now, and just to make sure , I'm off to the sun beds to boost it up a bit before I go back to work on Thursday!!!! Not that I'm vain or anything.

Seriously, I recommend Greece and especially Kefalonia. I had some terrible things that happened back home whilst I was away, but, couldn't knock it.

Scott x

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Oh and for some on here............I sat looking out over a sunset and had 4 or 5 Ouzo's...........Jeez was I smiling!!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Sounds HEAVENLY, Scooby! And it's good to hear from your rascally self again.

Hugs,

Nina

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've seen Kefalonia from the distant shores of Zakynthos. I loved that Ouzo, too

Are ya coming to the BBQ in a fortnight?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit