Does God Need an Organisation? Help

by Gordy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• M.J.
  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Gordy,

Loveylil just posted this on another recent thread. I find it most helpful!!

Lady Liberty

John chapter 4.

19"Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet. 20Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem."

21Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Jesus was saying if you worship in truth (he is truth) it does not matter where you do it because God is a spirit and resides everywhere. Paul elaborates on this in acts:

Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

Where is Jesus Spirit?

Matthew 18:20

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them

True christians are now united by holy spirit only and where two or three gather in Christ's name, he is there. No special building or organization is necesary. Hope this helps. God bless!

• Gordy
  • Gordy
    Gordy

Thanks again everyone. Its one of things I love about this forum. Ask a question or for help and it comes pouring in. Love to you all

• Rooster
    Rooster

5 For every high priest taken from among men is appointed in behalf of men over the things pertaining to God, that he may offer gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 He is able to deal moderately with the ignorant and erring ones since he also is surrounded with his own weakness, 3 and on its account he is obliged to make offerings for sins as much for himself as for the people.

4 Also, a man takes this honor, not of his own accord, but only when he is called by God, just as Aaron also [was]. 5 So too the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but [was glorified by him] who spoke with reference to him: "You are my son; I, today, I have become your father." 6 Just as he says also in another place: "You are a priest forever according to the manner of Mel·chiz´e·dek."

7 In the days of his flesh [Christ] offered up supplications and also petitions to the One who was able to save him out of death, with strong outcries and tears, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was a Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered; 9 and after he had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been specifically called by God a high priest according to the manner of Mel·chiz´e·dek.

11 Concerning him we have much to say and hard to be explained, since YOU have become dull in YOUR hearing. 12 For, indeed, although YOU ought to be teachers in view of the time, YOU again need someone to teach YOU from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God; and YOU have become such as need milk, not solid food. 13 For everyone that partakes of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Rooster,

You posted one of my favorite chapters. If he was King and High Priest in the 1st Century, why did he need to become King and High Priest in 1914?

It also directly addresses the whole "spiritual maturity proved through thoughtless obedience" doctrine and says it is a lot of nonsense.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Bookey
    Bookey

I often wonder what "organization" Job belonged to. Job wasn't even an Israelite, and yet somehow was found righteous in God's eye. How does the WT explain away that one?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Do trees need an organisation?

S

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If these remained silent the very stones would cry out...do stones have meetings at the Kingdom Hall and mothly field activity reports to submit on pain of being branded spiritually in want?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit