At a crossroads, need advice

by doinmypart 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Hey man I feel for you. However you decide to handle things just make sure it's the way you want to do it. You get one crack at this life so just try and remember that the elders and circut overseers and all the other bullys of the cult called Jehovah's Witnesses... "They have absolutely no athourity over you". Just be strong and do your best to keep your family together.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I think it would be a good idea to keep up with your Bible reading on your own. Show her that you are still spritually connected to God in a personal way and not through the organization as a mediator.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi doin,

I don't have anything much to add, just to continue showing much love to your family. I wish you the best.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Continue showing your wife that you love her and want the family to stay intact. When I saw my husband pulling away from the org, I remember thinking, "Does this mean he's going to be leaving me too?"

It's so hard to separate the organization from your "LIFE" - she needs reassurance. Your kids should still see you in the role of father, provider, husband...

Encourage your kids to make friends, in the neighborhood, at school and through activities. You'll find it easy to make friends with the parents. Relax and let the rest happen naturally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit