Are there any believers here?

by kwr 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jake99
    Jake99

If you are a true believer than when a man says he is the Savior he is either a liar, a madman or the true Christ.

I am the leader this world must follow into the New World and I have all the credentials that are required to prove my works to be peaceful and prosperous.

A believer listens to a strange and unusual man who says he is the one to pattern after.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Many people resent having their beliefs challenged or even just questioned, and I give you praise for even sticking around.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There you go again, Rex/Sh***ing One. Mixing up God with bible interpretation. Who said I questioned the existence of God? Actually, I did, but I concluded I cannot deny Him or His power.

Why should I be afraid of the question?

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Jgnat,

I see you've got yourself a stalker.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses for over 50 years, until I started actually reading the Bible for myself. I realized the Watchtower quotes (or in many cases, gives partial quotes) what will suite them and their teachings. Since reading the Bible, I've come to the conclusion that no one has it all correct. I think most religions have some "truth" in them, but I think our Father looks down thinking, "can't they get it right"? I believe in God, his son, the ransom etc. I think you will find on this forum, that the majority are "believers" though not necessarily believing exactly the same. On this board you can find believers, agnostics, sceptics (mainly of the Watchtower), and non-believers. There are some excellent, very scholarly posts giving a lot to think about. For me it has been a source of "healing" and "association" since leaving my religion of birth. Hope you stay.

Little Bo Peep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit