Has anybody seen my pants?

by Bookey 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Bookey
    Bookey

Hey folks,

I changed this topic and decided to write a more humorous question. I wasn't sure how much is allowed on the comical side, but after reading some other posts I see that I am not the only wise ass here.

Well, tonight my NBA team plays game 5 of catch up and get ahead of the Dallas Maverages!

Anyway, I was wondering, have any of you ever been disfellowshiped or shunned because of your clothes? I was told that I could not wear purple pants to the Kingdom Hall once...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

So, Bookey, you have an educated donkey, huh? That's pretty tallented! Maybe your donkey found your pants? I never got shunned for what I wore - I was raised "right". I was, however, shunned because I married into the "wrong JW family". I left the trough shortly after that.

• Bookey
    Bookey

Berry funny... it took me a minute to figure out that I actually said that in a different set of words. Let's just say that I appreciate all the riding that my ass has provided. It is one smart dingo.

Hey here's a new one, have you ever been tempted to tell everyone in school in the middle of a class that you enjoy the smell of your own farts? That's something my ass is not too keen on...Many people don't admit that but for some strange scientific reason, it's true...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

No, but I do have public fart-o-phobia - fear of farting in public... so no, I've never wanted to say that. But I've left a few bombs in my time - SBD's in uncomfortable places...

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My hubby was counseled on his purple truck. He bought an old chevy p/u, and put a lot of blood sweat and tears in that thing. He fell in love with this purple paint he saw "Plum Crazy". Needless to say he got quite a few comments from the elders. (Plus he was pulled over by the police all the time in that thing!!)

BB

• Bookey
    Bookey

The police I can understand being hypocrites. The religious organization claiming to be a humble servant of God I cannot...

• merfi
    merfi
    Anyway, I was wondering, have any of you ever been disfellowshiped or shunned because of your clothes?

No, but counseled many many times. Basically told that I was causing reactions in brothers when I didn't have the right to "fulfill" these reactions. Ew. The 'not fair' thing about this is that I wasn't wearing anything others weren't, and I just didn't understand the double standard. But whatever. I'm free of the pettiness.

I think purple pants would rock!

~merfi
    of the "wore black skirt with [tight] orange sweater to meeting the week of Halloween" class

• damselfly
    damselfly

I was never D'fd of shunned for my clothes but I did get spoken about the following from various people in the hall ( mainly elder's wives sent over by their husbands ); skirt too short, skirt too long, skirt too tight followed by your skirt is to big. Lack of pantyhose, opentoed sandles, taking shoes off at meeting, blouse too sheer, blouse too lowcut, earrings too long and dangly, too many holes in your ears etc. Basically just about anything was not good enough.

Dams

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, dontcha know, Dams, it says all those things in the Bible, haha! I got frightfully nasty glares if I got a run in my hot, uncomfortable panty hose, or if my bra showed at all under my blouse. That's in the Bible too.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Oh yes! I must have dozed off at those readings!

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit