The Noah Video

by deeskis 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• deeskis
    deeskis

Watched the Noah Vid the other week at my folks place. Gritted my teeth and sat through it! My dad thought the commentators voice was familiar. Any brits know who it was. My dad thought it was ?Jack Barr.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I havent seen it and could put myself through it. I gave the public talk on the flood, so researched all the evidence for the flood. There is so much evidence that the fundamentalist view of a global flood is impossible that it is too frustrating to have to listen to the same old lines over again.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The video looked like it was produced by 1 year olds.... I would not even let a 2year old watch.

The topic is meant for adults, the artwork is worthy to be watched by a newborn

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

There is a transcript of the video here for those unfamiliar with it:

http://www.reexamine.info/videos/noah.pdf

Our family used to watch WTS videos in lieu of having a family study when my parents were too tired or just too lazy (quite often the case) to actually prepare something from a book. They all were awful.

Kwin

• Synergy
    Synergy

I think his name is Barr. He gave a talk at our hall once as a special speaker from Bethel...all the kids crowded around him to meet the famous Noah video voice.

• deeskis
    deeskis

Thanks synergy

I love having information that my parents don't.!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I remember when I watched that video and was disgusted by it. I'd heard others in the congregation simply raving about it. I watched it and just wondered why I couldn't see the brilliance in it like everyone else. It was a cheap and nasty peice of work.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

That video was a minor part of why I left. I saw how everybody was fawning over the video's animation even thouh it resembled an acid trip of a preacher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit