JW's, science, and how old is man?

by clovis 13 Replies latest jw friends

• clovis
    clovis

I'm enjoying all the input and ideas on this very much. I personally have been interested in this type of pre-history ever since I was a kid. I always had a problem with the orgs. time frames and it was one of many things that convinced me that they were mistaken and I had to leave.

As to the Clovis culture I realize it is not the oldest evidence of man in North America, it is just so wide spread. Clovis artifacts are found from Florida to New Brunswick, west thru the entire continent. It is debated if they are from Europe or Asia, but that just makes it all the more interesting.

Many sites in N. and S. America are shedding light on the fact that man has been alive and well at least 15 thousand years or more in the "new world". There is so much evedence one could go on for hours. Thanks for the response.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs are not the only ones holding the belief that mankind is only 7000 or 8000 years old, in fact the JWs give it only 6000 years. Mainstream religions also believe in those figures give and take a few centuries.

I haven't yet taken a position on this because I am not sure whether carbon-14 dating method is as reliable as they claim. The creationists counter claim that it gives wildly wrong figures with objects of known dates and is basically useless. And all those early man dates are based on this method.

For all we know those stone age objects could be within the 7000-8000 year range. There are some stone age people even today and there were many more just 200 years ago.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    "Consider the relationship between Jehovah and Jesus. They were together in heaven for perhaps billions of years."

Ok I NEED to know! How in the F*ck did they carbon date jesus and jehovah?

Skin sample? Piece of bone? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, millions of years ago there were mosquitos just like today. And these mosquitoes liked to feast on the blood of God-o-saurs. Occasionally, one of these mosquitos would get trapped in the sap of a tree. And then it would become fossilized and millions of years later be discovered in what is called amber. Our scientists can now carefully extract the blood from these fossils and you got it, God DNA!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit