Inquisition Room/You and B.O E. Anyone?

by bronzefist 10 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Recently had a sitdown with the entire body of elders. Five elders and little old me. It wasn't a judicial matter. Someone went to an elder and cried that I was treating him unfairly.( It's a long story let's just say I was the innocent mate in the affair.). That morning I was attacked and bitten by a dog.....it forshadowed the meeting I had with the B.O.E. Which turned out to be 90 minutes of comedy from my point of view at least.

My question is..has anyone had or heard of a situation where the entire B.O.E. had to stt down and question your motives.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ninety minutes? Nasty.

No, I've never heard of such a thing. But my experience is limited.

• jaded
    jaded

Hubby told one of the elders that they were a bunch of hypocrites. Of course the elder wanted to see him in the back room. Every elder was there. Too bad hubby didn't think to bring every person from the congregation that had ever called the elders hypocrites. Don't think that would have gone over too well. lol. I am so glad that we are no longer a part of the freak show!

• acquittal
    acquittal

Ohhh, bronzefist, you must have good nerves. My goodness. 90 minutes for asking about your motives.

Well, questioning and controlling the sheep is part of their manipulation. It takes place regularly and depends of the elders. Of course, it can be different from congregation to congregation. But the system is the same how elders deal with the members of the congregation.

I heard so many weird stories pertaining to "sitdowns with wise elders" that I swore myself: "Never join them when they are going to ask me." Whenever they asked me to come for a sitdown (as you said they wanted to check my heart attitude , which shocked me deeply, because I was a 100% "I love Jehovah so much type") I responded calmly: "Dear brother Overwisdom, I cannot make a sitdown with you in the congregation. I work so much and I need bluy sky over my head desperately. But you can come anytime and walk with me over the vineyards and talk with me while we enjoy the nature." He and the other odd guys never asked me again. Life can be easier as I thought at that time. This reaction was on of my first steps into freedom.

Cheery greetings

acquittal

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never had such an experience with the whole B.O.E. but I had a few meetings with a group of three elders because of criticising some aspects of the JW teaching and there I was told numerous times we must obey only the FDS to the point I had thought they worship the FDS like an idol.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Wish I could give the details, but that would reveal too much about me in case any of them are lurking. Pretty sure they check in on this site every so often. I will mention one thing I learned from the P.O. women ALWAYS intice men into fornication.

They were the ones that ended it after 90 minutes. Their last question was, "If we ask you to leave this congregation, you won't take it personal will you?" Ooops .....did I say too much?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "If we ask you to leave this congregation, you won't take it personal will you?"

Er ? how else might you take it? .. Wife and I were called into "Room 101" in recent years, just because we live outside their catchment area and they didn't like us. I had to pull out all the buzz words about Christian welcoming etc and they let us stay till we wanted to leave. But Yes , we took it personal

• lola28
    lola28
    Their last question was, "If we ask you to leave this congregation, you won't take it personal will you?" Ooops ;.....did I say

WTF? They really asked you that? Now that's a first.

Lola

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Actually I had two similar sitdowns. Two elders each time. First told me, "We can't tell you not to come back here...BUT we have enough problems without you bringing us more."

Second sitdown different congregation, but offshoot of first (congregation had split into two)

"I really admire how you have held yourself together considering the terrible circumstances you had to deal with when you came into the "truth". I mention your situation to my new studies all the time....however; brother and sister "so and so" where here first. We can't ask you to leave BUT......"

My reply, "So if I stay here I will be going against your councel?"

Their answer, "Yes."

I've never been DF'd or put on any type of reproof. Go figure.

• juni
    juni
    Ohhh, bronzefist, you must have good nerves

No. Actually he has balls of steel and is a frequent client of Gumpolisher.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit