Should I Return the Revelation Book that I Took?

by Nosferatu 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I had mentioned before, that I'm having a 10 year out of the org party!!!! To celebrate, I *stole* a copy of the Revelation book from my mother, and I planned on sacrificing it in my fire pit, and roasting marshmallows over it. The book is very well used, underlined, and all that.

Since then, there has been Nu Lite that they're studying this 18 year old book at the Book Study again. Should I return the book so my mother can get a fourth use out of it?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    To celebrate, I *stole* a copy of the Revelation book from my mother, and I planned on sacrificing it in my fire pit, and roasting marshmallows over it.

I always thought demonized objects didn't burn.

W

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is a very cultic book as the JWs try to show in it that many of its prophecies apply to them of all people in order to give themselves a lot of importance, I don't know how anyone with an ounce of brain can believe any of that nonsense.

Any such mind enslaving books need to be burned.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I always thought demonized objects didn't burn.

Well, we'll find out if I don't return it!

I just spoke with her and told her that they'll be studying it again. Her response was slightly more enthusiastic than when I told her she was going to be a grandmother, which isn't saying much.

On that note, fvvv it, she isn't getting it back.

• vitty
    vitty

I would return it..............if you dont, or if you burn it, you will be sinning against the holy spirit and die at armagdedon and have everlasting death in the lake of fire, where there is no ressurection ......................

• Gopher
    Gopher

If your mother is one who needs to have the answers underlined before going to the book study, then she's got all her studying done already from before, including marginal notes and cited bible verses.

So if you can give her back her book, she won't need to burn time re-underlining what she studied back in 1990.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

So, I'd be a jerk not giving it back because she'd have to underline and study everything all over again.

Oh well, nobody said I was a nice guy. Besides, she could probably use a few "reminders"

• Forscher
    Forscher

Go ahead, give it back. Then go down to the local Goodwill or Salvation Army store and get you a couple of books cheap. That way you keep them out of the hands of others!
    Forscher

• luna2
    luna2

Have they done some revisions? If they have and she uses her old book, it might be kind of enlightening for her to see what they've changed. ...or maybe not. Most JWs just get a glazed look in their eye and decide to believe what ever the "current truth" happens to be in that moment.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Whose name is inside the front cover?

If it's your mom's name, I say give it back to her.

If you want some WTS books to burn, I can send you a few. I've got 4 boxes of them in my garage. 'course I'll want to attend the marshmallow roast.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit