Mr. John Gummer, UK parliament Rep, HATES JWs

by LDH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

John Selwyn Gummer (though he tends to drop the Selwyn these days - too elitist) is well known for his hatred of Jehovahs's witness , Mormons and other groups. He was one of a few MPs who dumped the Anglicans when they voted in favour of women priests and converted to Catholicism. Puzzlingly for someone who publicly slags off groups that he determines as cults , he describes Graham Leonard (former Bishop of London) as his guru and tried to use his political influence to get him appointed as an archbishop in the Catholic church.

His most famous moment was during the BSE scare in the 90's , getting his four year old daughter to eat a hamburger. He is generally regarded as "a bit of a plonker" , as we say in these parts!

Ironically , if he was to say that he "hated" Moslems or Jews, he would be prosecuted for religious bigotry (if he was foolish enough to say it outside the House of Commons). In the UK , the only religions you can openly criticise are Christian.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

mkr:
    Duck, quick, we're under friendly fire from an anti-"Tacher"ite (sic)!!!

HS:
    Dog forbid that you should have taken my comment as a serious lambasting. IMHO Gummer is a weasel.

Besides, If I'd wanted to direct I'd have brought my clapperboard

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello LT,

Dog forbid that you should have taken my comment as a serious lambasting. IMHO Gummer is a weasel.

No, I did not take you seriously, I was just trying to provoke a huge Board war, but everybody has become so 'nice' on this site. Not a sign of blood anywhere, all the bodies swept under the carpet, and even one of the boards largest ignoramus, UpsideDaft has been asked to leave.

At least Brownboy is here though, standing as a relic to bygone dumpsters. Oh well, time for me to leave for Worzel Gummer's state tour of Kings Cross Station toilets.

Best regards - HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I know you didn't miss my bloodletting thread about being nice, so WTF are ya on about?...

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

thinking of john selwin gummer is always a better alternative to taking a cold shower.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    I know you didn't miss my bloodletting thread about being nice, so WTF are ya on about?...

That was a war? I thought someone had just let the Wombles out of their hideway and armed them with ferrets willies.

HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL

Naw it was more of a scrimmage, but I'm sure someone lost a tooth

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I did not realise he was still around. the ex Conservative Agriculture Minister who tee'd everbody off by apparently getting his little girl to eat a burger at the height of the BSE scare - I dare say she grew up OK..

He was an annoying little man, but I see still in Parliament. He has the right idea about the Witnesses albeit not entirely accurate . Perhaps he should spend time here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit