12 Plants that have no purpose

by acadian 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• acadian
    acadian

12 Plants that have no purpose

LONG AGO, IN THE LAND OF CATHAY, a young Chinese lad apprenticed himself to a venerable wise master, a man learned in the secrets of Nature. The old wise master taught the apprentice to know herbs and how to gather them at just the right time. He then schooled the boy in preparing the plants to treat all manner of ailments. Eagerly, the lad absorbed all he was taught, became an excellent student, and began to work alongside his great teacher. The apprentice grew into a man with considerable skills.

In time he went to his master and said to him, "Wise one, you have taught me well and I am now ready to return to my village to help my own people."

"Not yet!" said his master. "There is but one more test you must pass. You must take these 12 small jars to the mountains and fill them with plants that have no purpose."

Somewhat perplexed, the apprentice trudged off to the mountains. Days became weeks, turning into long months. Finally, in complete despair, he returned dejected and weary.

Falling at the feet of the wise master , the young man cried, "I have failed, Master. I have found no plants without a purpose."

The aged wise man smiled gently and said to his young student, "No, my son, you have passed the test. You may now go heal your people."
    (author unknown)

(Genesis 1:29-31) 29

And God went on to say: "Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food. 30 And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food." And it came to be so. 31 After that God saw everything he had made and, look! [it was] very good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day. . .

Have a nice Day!

No comment just liked the story thought it was cute.

Acadian

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What about that fig tree that Jesus yelled at?

• Poztate
    Poztate

Why hasn't O.G.F posted on this yet ??..

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I'm working me arse off today, and on a phone line connection... wait till I get back home tomorrow on my DSL conection...

• Honesty
    Honesty

I hear he's been busy cultivating a new crop.

• acadian
    acadian

Nos said:

What about that fig tree that Jesus yelled at?

I guess there's exceptions? LOL Poztate said:

Do you mean OFG ...openfireglass? Yeah where is he?

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Heck, some people yell at fire hydrants.....

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Do you mean OFG ...openfireglass? Yeah where is he?

OOPS....Yep I meant openfireglass but at least he knew what I meant. My only excuse was that I was self medicating at the time. HIC

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Heck, some people yell at fire hydrants.....

Really? I gotta try that sometime. I'd also like to try peeing on a snail.

• gumby
    gumby

(Genesis 1:29-31)

"And God went on to say: "Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food". So....I guess Jehovah is a bigger murderer than I thought he was. See below article This is a growing reference that includes plant images, pictures of affected animals and presentations concerning the botany, chemistry, toxicology, diagnosis and prevention of poisoning of animals by plants and other natural flora (fungi, etc.).
  • Toxic agents in plants
  • Species of animals commonly affected
  • Medicinal Plants for Livestock - Beneficial or Toxic?
  • Frequently asked questions about poisonous plants
  • So if someone says god gave us marijuana since he gave us all plants for food.....how do you explain the above?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit