Are JW esperiences simply Coincidental?

by Smoky 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoky
    Smoky

I saw a home video of a DC in San Fransico yesterday, in which to camara man asked "what didi you like from Day one of the Convention?" Among the answers given was the amazing "experiences" the brothers told.

Now as far as i can remember, JW's always said things like, 'the experiences show that Jehovah is Blessing us and is in our favor.'

But dont other Religions have amazing experiences that claim also miracles and blessing from God. What do they have to say about that? I as a JW never thought of this before, I just thought those people are crazy, that is why.

How dumb am I?

Could it be that any so called miracles or blessings is merely coincidental ?

• moanzy
    moanzy

I had a part in the assembly and was told the experience I had. I new it was not true. The reasoning I was given was that there were people who have had similar experiences.

I wouldn't believe half of those experiences. They are either made up or embellished so that they can create emotion experiences in the audience.

Moanzy

• parakeet
    parakeet

yes

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dont know how its been done in the past..but in recent years members of my family were on stage giving experiences, and in preparing for them the elder who had the part had an outline from the society on what kind of experience he was supposed to find to fit in with the talk he was giving. (IE: how i raise my kids , support my husband, work, and pioneer too,)

coincidence..... i guess if you have 6,000,000 people doing the same thing day after day after day, all you are going to have ARE similar experiences.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Say we believe that every story told at the convention is %100 true. What does it prove? Is it evidence that God dosn't help people out who are not JWs. Of course it really isn't proof for anything, they just say it is. You can't deny other people the right to feel that God has helped them in their life.
    Seriously, how many JWs have you know that downplay everything somebody who is not a witness says about how God helped them through their life? "Oh that's just a coincidence" they will say "time and unforseen occurance". They deny it to everybody but themselves.
    I can't deny their personal expierances just like I can't deny the expierances of anybody else.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Experiences are subjective. While, they bolster your faith level, they are not on the same level as God's revealed Word.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Satan also has his angels that can be transformed into angels of light and pretend that they are ministering for the truth and for justice. Such angels do help devious cults.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I wouldn't believe half of those experiences. They are either made up or embellished so that they can create emotion experiences in the audience.

Moanzy

I did experiences at a DA.It was a script (in the year I was in) and mostly all bullshit

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

For those of you that had to give experiences at an assembly that were not completly your own experiences, how did the people that knew you react? Did they not realize that you did not experience what you had presented on the platform? Did they question you about it at all? And if they did, how did you explain it?

BB

• moanzy
    moanzy

One that I did was at the French Assembly. I had to say it in french-- I was told what it meant in english. They were short of stories I guess. No one asked me about the experience, but I do remember feeling uneasy when they told me what to say.

One experience I had to give at an English Assembly was actually mine. The problem was that when we did a practice session they felt it would be more effective if I said it another way. The story ended up being not my story anymore.

I was still quite young so did what I was told. Afterall it is a sign of your spiritual state if you are up there in front of an audience.

Moanzy---who will never stand in front of audiences again!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit