I could-a...but I didn't

by HadEnuf 7 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

There I was, on my way to the post office and right ahead of me, jay-walking no less, is our PO. (Well...our former PO). All alone...in his nice gray suit and little folder under his arm (what happened to book-bags...are they obsolete?), Diligently going from not at home to not at home.

With just a slight press on the gas...I could have snuffed him out. There he was; ripe for the taking. But I chose the high road and decided that going to prison wasn't worth running over his a**. Such temptation to overcome. Yup...just a little bit on the gas and by by PO. Feels good to use my conscience. Oh hahahahaha!!!!!!

mumsy

• Confession
    Confession

Deterring yourself from such a thing was a herculean act of will, HadEnuf. Congratulations...

• La Capra
    La Capra

Can't you just see it...

Experiences:

One afternoon, the presiding overseer of a growing congregation was crossing the street while in field service alone. Unbeknownst to the elder, an apostate was driving on the very same street the elder was crossing. Determined to murder him, the apostate started to accelerate her car by pressing on the gas. But, thanks to the protection of Jehovah, this fine elder, while in Jehovah's sacred service, was spared because Jehovah caused the conscience of the apostate to reconsider her decision.

Brothers and Sisters-aren't we grateful for Jehovah's fine protection? (applause, applause)

Brothers and Sisters-aren't we secure in knowing that no matter what, if we are doing Jehovah's will, he will take care of us? (applause, applause)

Brothers and Sisters-isn't it good that we stay off the internet, so as not to fall into the evil hands of Satan and his earthly army of apostates? (applause, applause)

Blech.

Shoshana

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Why TY Confession. Yes. It took every fiber or my very being not to do the dasterdly deed. (Does this have spell check)?

La Capra...what a hoot. Yup. I can just hear it now. They could take anything and twist it around to be an intervention by god. Imagine that! Thanks for making me laugh!

mumsy

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well you saved yourself from a nasty dent in your bumper.

(reminds me of my grandma... in her 80s... me in my teens..driving her to the store... good looking (GOOD LOOKING) man crossing the road in front of us..... she cackles and says " run him down, i'll drag him home and teach him how to be a man" LOL) i almost ran him down cuz i was so used to obeying anything i was told to do!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Too bad there weren't any mud puddles and you couldn't avoid splashing that fine gray suit!

• runningrussianboy
    runningrussianboy

Now despite your opinion of him as the old PO, murder in never acceptable. PERIOD. We need to remember that at one time there were many people who though we were crazy too but in our own time found our own light. Its not our place to judge or render verdict. ...ok... here is what you do. You still got his oh i don't know phone number? Maybe you do, and for the record this just gets more fun the more intoxicated you get. So get the guys number, download a picture of a fairly attractive male of the internet. Post the picture and a nice listing on oh...craigslist.org for the city you live in, under the erotic personals section? Nothing funnier that having a Presiding overseer woken up at all hours of the night by strange men looking for a good time? Incall or Out ;-)

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm proud of ya. You showed remarkable restraint.

I wonder how long it would have taken to wash the blood, teeth and piss off your car?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit