Who's to say Jesus has "approved" the FDS and "appointed them..."

by Theocrat 28 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen
    Where is the evidence that the slave was inspected and approved by Jesus

They like to use the 2 witnesses in Revelation as showing how the ORG. was shut down and then came back to life and exhonerated in 1918 to show they are the chosen ones . They also like to use Daniel 4 by saying the 7 times are multiplied by 360 ( days in a prophetic year) who knows how they came up with that one, and then a day for a year , then add from the fall of judah in 607 bce and presto you get 1914 the end of gentile times and as taught by the Russelites the end of all man made rulership and the beginning of the millenial reign . Then when that didn't happen they picked a few more dates then eventually went with a parousia . Jesus tho really was given all authority in heaven and earth prior to his ascention . Mathew 28:18 They like to use Revelation 11:15 to show that christ is enthroned as king but that's not exactly what it says . I think it means that at some point the good news is preached in all the world so therefor the kingdom of the world becomes the kingdom of God then in 11:18 the nations become wrathful then the final battle takes place then the dead are resurrected . It makes more sense to me .

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

heathen, you're off topic. All of those things have to do with arriving at the 1914 date.

I'm talking about the FDS being inspected and approved. They just say that it happened and that's that. No evidence. No complex prophecy. It's like, "it happened just take our word for it."

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'd just have to ask myself, what other claims have the Watch Tower Corporation made? What proof was offered for those? And how have those panned out?

• runningrussianboy
    runningrussianboy

Proof? Its the GB in the house! They don't need no proof, our word in print is all the proof you need, MF! Everything the Governing Body or any UPPER level Bethalite says always reminded me of a magnet on my mom's refrigerator growing up. It read... Rules of the House Rule #1 Mom is Always Right Rule #2 If Mom is wrong please refer to rule #1 ---And thats all I have to say

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Theocrat! I recommend that you go to the Member directory and pull up Don Cameron's post that will answer your question throughly. His book published in 2004 is spot on for what you are looking for. It's entitled, "Captive of a Concept" anatomy of an Illusion. You will find the answer to your question in this book. I have to go to work now and will check back tonight.

Blueblades

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

Whose to say? Me. I say that the governing body is the elders of the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. The term "Faithful and discreet slave" has been bandied about so much by the right and the left that it has become a cliche. It does not matter. The governing body is the overseers of the worldwide congregation and its support staff. They do not need to be appointed by Jesus for people to be obedient to them because Heb 13:7,17 says to do so because they are the ones taking the lead among us.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Grissom:

Whose to say? Me. I say that the governing body is the elders of the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. The term "Faithful and discreet slave" has been bandied about so much by the right and the left that it has become a cliche. It does not matter. The governing body is the overseers of the worldwide congregation and its support staff. They do not need to be appointed by Jesus for people to be obedient to them because Heb 13:7,17 says to do so because they are the ones taking the lead among us.

What kind of circular argumentation is that? On the one hand, you say that that "the governing body is the elders of the congregation"...on the other, you say that "The governing body is the overseers of the worldwide congregation and its support staff. They do not need to be appointed by Jesus for people to be obedient to them because Heb 13:7,17 says to do so because they are the ones taking the lead among us."

...So, which is it? And by the way, who do you think is directing the the elders of the congregations? From where do you think they get their guidelines? From the GB in Brooklyn, right? And why is it that the GB in Brooklyn have the right to set guidelines for how the elders of the congregations are to act/behave? They themselves say that it is because they have been "appointed" by God himself, and are guided by the Holy Spirit! And really, if they had not been guided by the Holy Spirit, then they would have no right to expect obedience, as they then would be just regular men, no brighter than the rest of us! And hence, they would have no right to for example disfellowship people! No heavenly mandate, no right to ask anything of their members, or command them! Of course you would protest against this statement, and why is that? Because you believe they have a heavenly mandate, and are guided by the Holy Spirit (which is what they claim, and which is what is the content of the phrase "faithful and discreet slave")! What we have here, in your case, is a classic example of Jehovahs Witness doublethink! You have been trained into believing two conflicting things (that the GB is Spirit-directed, but at the same time, just regular, normal guys, capable of making mistakes), all at the same time, without seeing the lack of logic in the two conflicting ideas.

And by the way, any cult-leader(s) can use Hebrews 13 to justify power-abuse over their personal little flock.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL , yah you're only faithful and discreet if the rest of the FDS think you are and if not you are the evil slave ....LMAO Man is this religion for freaks . It appears as if jesus isn't the only one that beats the evil slave . Ray Franz learned the hard way that to mention the truth about the truth was a big taboo .

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

Before you question something, shouldn't there be a problem with the way things are? I don't see a problem with the way things are.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Way to go Grissom.

Your reply is spot on and as usual it makes no sense at all.

If a poster poses some direct questions to you, dancing around and evading with nonsense just tells us all about you.

Way to go Grissom. Keep up the good work. I copied your use of ideas so you could understand me.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit