Silent Witnessing?

by Shazard 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Shazard
    Shazard

Hello!

I can remind that I am here coz of my brother who is JW. Its over year past we last talked about matters of faith (no we didn't stop speaking atall - just matters of faith) as we find that we do believe different things (I am Lutheran). It would be pretty stupid from my side all the times to direct him in different topics etc. His mind is typical JW mind, so it is useless to witness to him when he does not initiates the talk.
    Question... are there ways to witness without actuall witnessing to JW? As I understand JW judge and sees things around through their prism, is it possible to have some behaviour some way of "silent witnessing" which makes them think and doubt? I believe I am asking something I cleary not understand what am I asking, but except words what else can open their eyes? Or should I wait for his own wakeup (which can be in year, 2, 5, 10, 20, never) and just be there when he will be shunned?
    For now nothing more then prayers I don't have, time of talk is over :(

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am in a similar situation and the only things I find a smidge of success with is addressing JW myths and idiosyncrasies (did I spell that right?). Examples

• snippets of info about how evolution is a natural process, and YES, we are still evolving even now (just used this one the other day, explained how genes mutating is a natural process, living things change, an example of evolution)
    • etiquette is one of my favorite topics--how so and so did such a polite thing, or a rude thing, and explain why it violates social etiquette
    • mention medical facts about blood that conflict with jw teachings (I've got several on my web site on the misconceptions page www.jwinfo.8m.com)
    • talk about nice things my local Catholic parish does (conflicts with the lies the WTS tells about the Catholic church)
    • talk about how bad things were in ancient times & how far mankind has come (underlying message: society has not gotten more wicked)
    • along the same lines, mention how many earthquakes etc. happened in ancient times
    • any bullsh-- in the Youth book can be dispelled by talking about how child psychologists have studied these things & they aren't the right way to treat kids
    • mention how great I feel running a charity that really helps people in the here and now
    • talk about how ancient or backwards cultures attribute things to demons when there is a real explanation for it
    • any scientific topic is good b/c I can disprove many falsehoods found in the mags (check out my activism page for brochures on their old teachings for old teachings you can point out were untrue)

I don't really come out and mention the WTS or JW beliefs, just talk about topics that conflict with their beliefs. I try to "keep my finger on the pulse" to ensure I get my point across but stop before the JW Defense System goes on autopilot. I stop while I'm ahead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit