HELP!! ** Do you have a stop smoking strategy??**

by brutusmaximus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Thanks for the tips, I like the one where u chain me up however 30 days seems a wee bit OTT

Dr J, that is a pal on a stag do who had too much to drink, went to the bog and broke it, I didn't take the picture I was in trap 2

Thanks I will let you know how I get on

I need more mental strength, now if I can leave the borg surely I can quit this as well

BM

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I smoked before but not for a very long time, just sort of off and on until I decided I didn't want to do it anymore, Then I just quit cold turkey. But my husband had a harder time of it. He used to have to have something in his mouth like a lollypop so he wouldn't want to smoke. He carried a stash of Tootsie Pops around with him.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

brutusmaximus from experience I can say you really have to want to quit really bad and then the best way to quit is simply to STOP! Deal the best way you can with the uncomfortable feelings, whatever it takes to get you through it, changing routine worked for me. I wish you luck when you are ready, the book Nos suggested sounds like a good read too.

Nosferatu:

I read the book "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking" and I haven't smoked since, nor do I want to smoke ever again.

After reading the reviews on Amazon about that book it's definitely one I'm going to get for a certain someone in my life who is needing (by his own admission) to quit but having a hard time doing so. Thanks for the tip!

• heathen
    heathen

Another cold turkey guy here . Just decided enough was enough and four dollar a pack was too much .I'd try getting into an excercise routine , helped me tremendously since I still live with people that smoke and I'm always getting a dose of the second hand crap that smokers are very unconcerned over other people in the room . always leave the pack of smokes where you can't reach em and go for a walk even .

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

100% ciggy-free since December 2005

I used the stop-smoking meditation exercise from a book I found at the library titled "Self-Hypnosis for a Better Life". Seems to have worked. I was definitely disgusted with the habit and ready to quit by the time I got ahold of that book, which I'm sure helped.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Elsewhere,

Don't get so smug my friend.

The wife and I are a pack a day smokers. We are going on vacation, and are returning 4 days before you grace our humble abode.

We are quitting when we return, so you'll get to witness the withdraw.

steve

P.S. If were not doing to good, we'll take you up on your offer of chains.

steve

PPS, The list you sent me is a good starter, FYI though, the Chrysler Building is a non-tourist building.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I smoke cigar's but not many maybe one a week max!

'Anne Shirley' has recently started smoking cigarette's... *sigh* I think it's partially a way to rebel against her former life and like I tell her she's an adult she has to choose her own path...

I've heard thought that the best way to stop is to soak your cigarettes in some chemical that makes you violently ill when you smoke! Don't know the name of the chemical!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I've heard thought that the best way to stop is to soak your cigarettes in some chemical that makes you violently ill when you smoke! Don't know the name of the chemical!

I think that the name of the chemical is ICKYPOO, which will make you sicky poo!

• Soledad
    Soledad

I'm with you my friend. I officially quit 3 days ago and it's little hard but I've got to!

Change your routines. I started sipping flavored coffee when I get home from work-----before I used to reach for that cigarrette. Seems to be working.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

My strategy is to stop before I get to the filter. Man that filter stuff tastes nasty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit