"Damned Forever."

by scout575 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scout575
    scout575

"The Christian church is a clever mix of psychological tactics. Having got you in with a promise of 'free' salvation, they keep you there with psychological blackmail."

"The Christian church is as guilty of the tricks used by cults which it purports to detest ( Moonies, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses et alia ). Offer them love and brainwash them to believe they will be damned if they leave. I can't believe I have fallen for this so long. I think its because I couldn't face the thought of there being nothing after death, or worse, that I would be damned forever."

The above extract can be found by googling, 'Leaving Christianity' and then clicking on, 'Feedback discussions'. The poster's name is Chris. If you are a JW thinking about joining a church, please read her entire deconversion story.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

scout

"The Christian church is as guilty of the tricks used by cults which it purports to detest ( Moonies, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses et alia ). Offer them love and brainwash them to believe they will be damned if they leave. I can't believe I have fallen for this so long. I think its because I couldn't face the thought of there being nothing after death, or worse, that I would be damned forever."

This never happens at my church! It can not happen in a real Christian church

D Dog

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Perhaps you should ask your minister if you would be damned if you left Christianity and became Atheist. You might be surprised.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

My minister didn't die to give me grace.

• aniron
    aniron

The things is as a Christian you don't belong to a church or organisation.

You belong to Christ.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Scout,

I wonder that you remain a jw - because of that 'either jw or a christian church' thing you've got going

"The christian church is........" Who's "the christian church" ?

Your posts are continually painting all the christian churches (except jws) with the same brush. Perhaps it is that you are in America where many 'christian churches' are simply different forms of fundamentalism, and that this is your experience of 'christian church'.

It may sound more convincing if you proposed, "If you are a jw who is considering leaving and joining a different fundamentalist group, please read google first."

However, even then, the chances are you'd be a lot better off.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

In scout's defense he is posting the comments from exChristians of other denominations. Its rather clear to many that the faults of the JWs are not limited to the one sect. If you have found a Church that teaches that all decent folks, believers and nonbelievers are valuable and to be respected then you have found a very special place.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Maintaining church membership is a work, and is not tied to salvation. Church membership and salvation are not one and the same. Any church that teaches a works based salvation is still a cult and should be avoided. Only God and the individual know if they are members of God's family D Dog

• greendawn
    greendawn

I still think that the mainstream churches for all their faults differ greatly from the cultish religions because they don't exert intense psychological pressure on their members. However no human organisation is perfect.

• Adonais Child
    Adonais Child

If I understand correctly there is a regimen that a Witness must adhere to in accordance to receiving salvation. This is a works theology that the New Testament in the Holy, Inerrant, God breathed scriptures does not teach: 2 Tim 1:9 Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.. Eph 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. There are numerous others that could be quoted but works theology is heresy and against the teachings of God's word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit