The Dangers of Independent Thinking

by daystar 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flash
    Flash

It seems to me that true independant thinking in the Adam and Eve sense, is thinking that is apart from God. He being Creator of all things is also makes Him "the" determiner of Law/Limits/Standards/Systems. When we choose to live outside of His chosen parameters we become Lawless. To illustrate the deadly danger of lawlessness God has allowed the lawlessness of three individuals to grow relatively unchecked thru heaven and earth to become a near complete breakdown of orderly existence. Like cancer cells spreading though-out a body if left untreated the end result will be a complete system failure.

I think the fundamental problem is, we broadly generalize Independant Thinking into one negative catagory. We equate thinking independantly from God with Critical Thinking and thinking Independantly from others...which is not the case. One is healthy and good, one is not.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were independent - they wrestled with God

Denying ones own belief is a dishonest and fearful response in attempted preservation, at the expense of the soul - it's effeminate

Is a god told what to think and believe? Discussion and s uggestion is one thing - demand is another Ye are gods

What does it mean "we have the mind of Christ" - what's His mind ? - I am who I am - if I agree with you, well and good - if not, we'll talk and see where we go from there Some call it freewill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit