SELF-SACRIFICE: the tool of the MYSTICS

by Terry 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar

1.If Mysticism pits the mystic one on one with direct communication with God: where does scripture fit in (if at all?) Scripture isn't needed unless the mystic wants to use it.

2. If God is open to such one on one communication with the mystic: why do we need Jesus, the church or ritual?

We do not need ritual, the church or Christ. We do reserve the right to play with all the above. Mysticism is freeing and fun. It is also not for everybody.
    3.One-ness with God is a unity which has no lack. Humanity by virtue of its human-ness is non-god and non-spirit. Efforts to link chalk with cheese abound in religion/mysticism.

Perhaps this dimension is god expressing itself physically. If God is creative energy, you are God in this dimension.
    4.Religion and ritual are about "process". The means to an end. The end can be defined as god-union. Having the mind of god seems to replace having the mind of a human. After all, God didn't make a human as a seed that sprouts god-ness. Mysticism parlays floating concepts with dangling adjectives into a lifestyle that is rather vague. Either we are human as God made us or we are stuck in an egg-larvae-pupa-adult cycle on "rinse".

Okay. Whatever you want to believe.My chief point of contention with mysticism is the fast and loose way words are used which can mean practically anything.

Even everyday words have multi meanings. There is consistancy in the mystic's language. You could learn the language if you try. I doubt if that will be happening though. Wouldn't you say the imprecision is a clue to the emptiness of the entire process?

Since you haven't bothered to experience mysticism, how would you know that the entire process is empty? I have found mysticism to be thrilling and fulfilling. Not empty at all--unless you are speaking of a certain meditation technique that mystics sometimes use. But it's purpose is to empty in order to re-fill.

I have to ask, why the sudden change in demeanor? This isn't like you at all. To be frank, I'm suspicious....

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Terry: The person IN CHARGE gets to decide what the "greater good" is and you better, by god, follow orders and do your duty because INDIVIDUALITY is not allowed.

Apply this to the life of Nikola Tesla. The person in charge = science. Science = the tyrant? Tesla is dead.

Hm. Interesting. If Kant were alive would he consider this offer of yours for him to "touch [your ass] lightly or affectionately with his lips" a blessing or a malediction? I didn't know his predilections ran that way, but c'est la vie.

kid-A: ...all human beings were owed a minimum of respect simply because they were human beings and capable of reason...

This would require self-sacrifice only in the according of others unearned credit for capacity to reason that they may not have demonstrably proven to us. You wouldn't ridicule someone you actually respect if you carried this as a foundation philosophy, would you?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Robdar
    Robdar

Apply this to the life of Nikola Tesla. The person in charge = science. Science = the tyrant? Tesla is dead.

Nikola Tesla was very much ahead of his time. Unfortunately for him, he lacked people skills and ran into too many swollen egos.

• Terry
    Terry
    I have to ask, why the sudden change in demeanor? This isn't like you at all. To be frank, I'm suspicious....

Which are you; Frank or Suspicious?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Which are you; Frank or Suspicious? *checks britches* Hmmm, I suppose I can't be Frank--havent got the right equipment. Let's rephrase: I am vaguely uneasy and curious. Sort of like watching a napping cobra.

• Satanus
    Satanus

S *checking robby checking her britches*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit